1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What are the current trendy shoes for men?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by greatfire, Aug 13, 2006.

1. greatfire

greatfire Senior member

America. College. Man. African American.

What are the hot shoes for someone fitting the above description?

Also, I'm still trying to find some nice fitting t-shirts, as per this thread: http://styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=18869

2. VMan

VMan Senior member

America. College. Man. African American.

What are the hot shoes for someone fitting the above description?

Also, I'm still trying to find some nice fitting t-shirts, as per this thread: http://styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=18869

I wear vintage ankle boots from the 60's (brown and black), some trainers such as the white/red/blue Onitsuka Tiger, various Adidas which are slim and work well with jeans, Pony trainers, 'fashion footwear' such as YSL Rive Gauche laceups, and higher-end footwear such as C&J Handgrade monkstraps, Harris Fatte al Mano shoes, etc.

Usually, I'll wear shoes that look good with jeans and are comfortable.

What is your style? Japanese-esque streetwear? Urban brands (looser jeans, AF-1's, BAPE, Marc Ecko Cut & Sew, etc)? American repro? Trovata-style? 70's Vintage? Minimalist (ala Helmut Lang, Jil Sander, Margelia?)

3. seen

seen Senior member

I'm looking into engineer boots, what are some good brands? Besides Frye.

4. j

j Senior member

I'm looking into engineer boots, what are some good brands? Besides Frye.
    Those brown Fryes are the nicest ones I've seen besides a couple from Belstaff, which are impossible to find. There's also Chippewa, Red Wing, Carolina, Wesco, Georgia, among others.

Try some on before buying them, since they fit weirdly and you may find that you don't really like them. I'd like to get those Fryes but unless they fit just right I'm not going to consider it. I don't like how loose they are especially at the top. Also they are very hot and will stain non-black socks.

5. greatfire

greatfire Senior member

I wear vintage ankle boots from the 60's (brown and black), some trainers such as the white/red/blue Onitsuka Tiger, various Adidas which are slim and work well with jeans, Pony trainers, 'fashion footwear' such as YSL Rive Gauche laceups, and higher-end footwear such as C&J Handgrade monkstraps, Harris Fatte al Mano shoes, etc.

Usually, I'll wear shoes that look good with jeans and are comfortable.

What is your style? Japanese-esque streetwear? Urban brands (looser jeans, AF-1's, BAPE, Marc Ecko Cut & Sew, etc)? American repro? Trovata-style? 70's Vintage? Minimalist (ala Helmut Lang, Jil Sander, Margelia?)

I don't really have a style (yet).. but I'm going for the looser fitting jeans, and close(r) fitting t-shirts (but not the ones with those really short sleeves).

6. Splat_man

Splat_man Member

7. seen

seen Senior member

Those brown Fryes are the nicest ones I've seen besides a couple from Belstaff, which are impossible to find. There's also Chippewa, Red Wing, Carolina, Wesco, Georgia, among others. Try some on before buying them, since they fit weirdly and you may find that you don't really like them. I'd like to get those Fryes but unless they fit just right I'm not going to consider it. I don't like how loose they are especially at the top. Also they are very hot and will stain non-black socks.
    You talking about those Frye Brando Engineer Boots in tobacco finish that was posted in another thread? Yea, it's nice alright.