1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What are the coolest quartz watches?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by moonman, Apr 19, 2008.

1. medwards

medwards Senior member Dubiously Honored

2. Singular

Singular Senior member

It's like putting a Super Beetle engine in a Rolls Royce.

No, it's not.

It's as if RR developed the world's finest electric engine that (apart from that it outperforms all conventional engines) requires less maintenance, is cheaper to produce, easier to use and revolutionizes the whole industry and put it into a sleek modern chassis...

...and hear "that's no real car - it has to have a combustion engine!".

/M

3. Cornellian

Cornellian Senior member

Yes indeed! In fact, they've been around since the 1920s, long before quartz. I think they still make them, no?

Oh you bastards... just when I thought I was done drooling over the Tanks...

Thanks for this though, I had no idea this line existed.

4. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

gdl has something on those Suuntos. The all-steel Core is one I particularly like. [​IMG]

5. Classnotswag

Classnotswag Member

6. StylenotFashion

StylenotFashion Senior member

7. StylenotFashion

StylenotFashion Senior member

As I stated in an earlier post...imo "cool quartz watches" is an oxymoron. ... having said that there is a vintage IWC Flierger Pilot Chronograph Model #3741. What I really like about this watch is:
    A. Its size is 37mm or 38mm (l'm off/done with big watches)
    B.The movement was produced by Jeager le Coultre. While the primary movement (itself) is quartz the chronograph portion of the movement is mechanical with over 230 hand made 'mechanical' pieces. So...in this case (no pun intended) you have the benefit of quartz accuracy coupled with a complcated hand made movement and a thorough pedigree from two highly respected Manufactures.

8. Shocker

Shocker Member

"Quartz...When you absolutely positively have to kill someone on time" lol
    Tag heuer makes some awesome quartz pieces.

9. Flake

Flake Senior member

Piaget has some very nice ultra thin quartz models. One of the few producers of nicely decorated quartz movements, as well.