• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what are the clothes companies that do Noth American vintage culture look best?

VictorC

Reaction score
THe company that represents North American culture, ie, street, youth, college culture look best.
I can only think of one company that is known in England. But there must be others. Tell me what companie you are thinking of and i'll tell you if its the one im thinking of.

kook

Reaction score
I'm from England and I guess I'd say Ralph Lauren for the more preppy American look, and A&F for the "surfer im so cool" look.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VictorC
THe company that represents North American culture, ie, street, youth, college culture look best. I can only think of one company that is known in England. But there must be others. Tell me what companie you are thinking of and i'll tell you if its the one im thinking of.
I can kind of go with Polo on that. Polo, in general, is big in America. You have everyone from gang bangers wearing it (IE 'Lo Life) to old grandpas. Although in college, most of kids just wear whatever, and were more set on going to class on time and having money to pay bills and stuff. Not too many preppy look on my campus...a lot of clothes that didn't really fit. Note that I went to a state university, not an Ivy League.
biggrin.gif

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gant Rugger looks pretty ok this season.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Levis represents vintage America pretty well.

VictorC

Reaction score
Oh, all different from what i was thinking. I was thinking franklin and marshall. Seen a lot of people wear this recently.

VictorC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
I can kind of go with Polo on that. Polo, in general, is big in America. You have everyone from gang bangers wearing it (IE 'Lo Life) to old grandpas.

Although in college, most of kids just wear whatever, and were more set on going to class on time and having money to pay bills and stuff. Not too many preppy look on my campus...a lot of clothes that didn't really fit. Note that I went to a state university, not an Ivy League.
biggrin.gif

Do people wear Franklin and marshall where you are from?

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do people wear Franklin and marshall where you are from?
I've never heard of those brands before.

Also a very small portion of the public would even know the brands that are talked about on the board.

Most are more familiar with mall based brands and the more generic brands out there, ie J. Crew, Tommy Hilfiger, Express, etc.

Keeb

Reaction score
I just graduated from Franklin & Marshall and I'm weirded out every time i see someone repping my school because a fashion company. Its cool though they just made a scholarship fund.

Happens sometimes in NYC but almost always by european tourists. I saw a lot of stores carrying it in Europe, but none here.

VictorC

Reaction score
What do people think of zipped hoodies? Is that a good north american look?

VictorC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by max_r
its a good highschool student look

I havent got any zipped hoodies but ive some people with them and i thought they looked pretty cool. I might get some hoodies as well, which i only have just about one of.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hoodies are fine for bumming around now and then. not good if you are an "always wears hoodie" person.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do people think of zipped hoodies? Is that a good north american look?

I havent got any zipped hoodies but ive some people with them and i thought they looked pretty cool. I might get some hoodies as well, which i only have just about one of.

thumbs-up.gif
fing02[1].gif
cool.gif
thumbs-up.gif

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of pants

Also socks

Im wondering if socks are still in fashion these days??

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads