• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are the chances Macy Alfani Designers Listen to Us?

Dinky89484

Reaction score
What are the chances the designers for Alfani and Alfani Red listen to us. And by "us" I mean the broke people who buy their stuff on the cheap. I like the Alfani Red suits a lot, and at about $150-$200 a pop, it really does it's job on the cheap. My only gripe is that the armhole is too low restricting movement and that the shoulders could be toned down a bit with the padding. What are the chances Alfani people hire people to read up on customer reviews and change up their design for their upcoming new lines and new season?

sonlegoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're not just new to SF, you're new to life in general, aren't you?

reidrothchild

Reaction score
I thought the cut of the Alfani Red I tried on wasn't too bad, but those shoulder pads are just crazy. Not just the amount of padding, but the shape of it. Just awful.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Roughly 0.0%

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Alfani is late to the party. though, it is a youthful collection, it is mass market.
They also book their programs as much as a year out.
There is a chance that they may have adjusted fit for spring.
But this line is also sold to 50 year old men who are out of shape.
that customer does not want a slim garment.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads