• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are the Biggest 'Guy-Cry' Movies?

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
awcollin;880785 said:
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Hoosiers as well. QUOTE]

+1. Hoosiers gets me every time.

I've always found Hoosiers to be more exciting and inspirational than weepy. Maybe its just me. Fantastic movie though.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I cry during almost every movie.

Most recently, during The Queen when Queen Elizabeth was infront of Buckingham Palace and asks the little girl if she'd like if she placed the flowers for her, and the little girl said 'no, they're for you'.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I cried at the end of one of the Winnie the Pooh movies. I also cried during Little Mermaid when Ursula becomes this behemoth and pwns the sea.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^How many here really wanted to do Ariel? Well, other than Conne, that is.

Karo

Reaction score
The last samurai, towards the end where those japs wouldn't surrender but eventually got slaughtered by those white folks.

And the movie Click.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I teared up at the end of Saving Private Ryan...

Field of Dreams came out when I was in college, I remember going home after seeing it and calling my dad.

As a dad myself now, I have a really tough time not crying during the scene in Syriana where Matt Damon's son is electrocuted in the pool.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Did no one else cry when Buddy got arrested in Wall Street?

Raz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Soph
Men shouldn't cry, no matter what, especially over some movie.
smile.gif

+ 1

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think I have any new ones to add, but the ends of:

- Hoosiers
- Saving Private Ryan
- Field of Dreams

Brian's Song looks too dated and too much like a made for tv movie (which it was) to really get to me. I don't remember Schindler's list making me cry while I was watching it, but it definitely filled me with a profound sense of grief for a time thereafter. Shawshank didn't make me cry, though it was a very good film.

As a father, any sort of melodramatic moment involving fathers and children can get to me, even if it's not very well done.

Also, the end of Jaws where they killed the shark. Okay, not really, but Roy Scheider just died, so it deserves a mention.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm sure this qualifies me as a total nancy, but I can't not well up a little in "The Rookie" when Dennis Quaid makes the call back to his wife and tells her he's going to need his sport coat because he's been called up to the bigs.

landho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only time I've cried in the last ten years was while watching The Iron Giant.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads