What are the best undershrits to wear to prevent soggy pits on your dress shirts?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by weatherguy, Feb 15, 2013.

1. weatherguy

weatherguy Member

I have very sweaty pits, and antiperspirant isn't enough to prevent soggy pits on my dress shirts.

What's a good undershirt to wear to hold all that pit sweat back and away from your dress shirt?

2. mp906

mp906 Senior member

Basic cotton/poly blend with a v-neck. I've tried underarmor but they wick the moisture right into your dress shirt.

3. HK Ace

HK Ace Member

Look at the deep V Diesels at Nordstrom if you don't like the visible crew-neck look. They are not cheap though. Kinda ridiculous to pay that but I like heather grey deep v necks under light shirts. I only have three, and am looking for cheaper options in the same color/style.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/diesel-...oryid=0&fashionColor=Gray&resultback=0&pprd=0

I wear a 42R suit (6'/185lbs) and the large is comfortably snug though not tight.

4. HK Ace

HK Ace Member

My posts keep getting moderated, so sorry for any duplicates. Nordstrom has those Diesel Deep Vs and eBay has some cheaper versions. Search for "Canvas Deep V Neck T Shirt" on eBay.

5. tillyato

tillyato Member

Also, you might want to dry CertainDri. Unlike a normal anti-perspirant, you apply it under your arms the night before and it seals your pores to releive perspiration during the day. I reccomend you giving it a try as well if you haven't already. From my experience it works much better than other "extra strengh" anti-perspirants.

6. gambit50

gambit50 Senior member

I would recommend against the 'rec' for CertainDri. Sealing your pores is dumb at best and dangerous(though it will not be obvious because you cannot see the damage so people think it doesn't exist) at worst. Anti persp is bad enough.
    And while you are free to do what you like, I had to put in a counter vote to sealing your underarm pores.

7. Evil Abed

Evil Abed Senior member

You can also ask a doctor (dermatologist) to prescribe you Robinul Forte. It's used to treat stomach ulcers, and its main side effect is a reduction in sweating. For this reason it's also prescribed specifically for that effect. Works very well, with no other discernible effects. You'll still sweat (you need to) but you won't be nearly as soggy as before.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013

8. Winendine

Winendine Well-Known Member

Botox for sweaty arm pits- FDA approved

9. AlexE

AlexE Senior member

Why a cotton-poly-blend? If I avoid having plastic in my dress shirt I certainly don't want it in my undershirts either.

10. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

That's hilarious. There has to be some way to treat that. I've never had "soggy pits." Do you deal with a lot of anxiety? Until you find the cure, just wear a t-shirt underneath your shirt.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013

11. Veremund

Veremund Senior member

If you've never had this problem, you have no idea what a pain in the ass it is. I wear icebreaker merino wool tshirts, and put a paper towel (or toilet paper) in each armpit as well. When the papertowel gets soaked, throw it away and replace.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013

12. dbhdnhdbh

dbhdnhdbh Senior member

See a dermatologist. Your problem is not that unusual. If Certain Dri, shaving your pits, and controlling your environment (cooler office, lightweight clothes, don't do the job, they can zap your sweat glands.

13. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

What are the best undershrits to wear to prevent soggy pits on your dress shirt

ABuy salt deodorant spray. Odorless and natural. The salt soaks up moisture. Reduces my sweating.

14. GBR

GBR Senior member

Cure the problem, Antiperspirant and shaving your pits regularly.

15. Veremund

Veremund Senior member

Anyone who thinks shaving armpit hair solves this problem doesn't understand how sweat glands work and doesn't have this problem. :facepalm:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013