what are the best suits for under $200

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rickrone, Apr 30, 2013.

1. cataan

cataan Well-Known Member

Let me add: at your price point focus on the product itself, not the name. You want:

1) 100% wool (if it has some small percent silk or cashmere okay but that will be more expensive)
    2) Thread count between 110 and 150 (lower than 110 is crap, higher than 150 is too delicate)
    3) Bemberg lining
    4) Fully or half canvased though this will be difficult to find at your price point (though I have picked up a couple JSB Sig Gold suits for $179 but that is rare); most likely you will be purchasing a fused suit.
    5) Ideally the weight of the wool would be around 9 ounces for year round wear that will hold up (the lighter the weight the more delicate the material).

Most likely you will have to ask about the above information. If customer service cannot help you then do not purchase from that store/seller. Ever.

2. div25sec9

div25sec9 Senior member

This thread is making my head spin. A guy who can afford more is wasting people's time discussing purchasing a cheap suit under $200? Unbelievable! $200 on a cheap suit is a wasted $200. Put that towards a decent one.

...and who's this 3 post guy piping in about how Kenneth Cole is good quality OTR?

3. johnvw

johnvw Senior member

:thumbs-up: :fistbump:

4. johnvw

johnvw Senior member

+1. More good points to consider.

5. rickrone

rickrone Well-Known Member

cataan you are the MAN!!! thank you for being so helpful i really appreciate your help. i printed this out because this is going to be my new checklist, thank you.

6. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

Try Macy's....you can pick up a Calvin Klein or Ralph Lauren for about $200