• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

what are the best places to shop in asia

mooose

Reaction score
I am going to Tokyo, Seoul and Hong Kong and I was wondering what are the best places to stop. Also, which country will be the cheapest (or where can I find deals compared to NYC prices)? Will HK be the best because there is no sales tax?

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on what you're looking for. If you're trying to find generic mall stuff, ie H&M, maybe. If you're looking for upper end brands ie Margiela, Lanvin, etc I doubt it.

When I went to Thailand, there were only two stores that only carried lux kicks and prices were significantly higher than the U.S. This may not be a great comparison as I went to SEA as opposed to the part of Asia you're going to which is more developed.

bond007

Reaction score
hk would be cheaper. they have outlets and stuff. foods are very nice. if you spend your time to go thru stuff, things can get quite cheap (esp Julius). japan however is another world... i dont think you can find another place in this entire world that has more fashion & delicious japanese foods

mooose

Reaction score
okay, but for stores that will be in all three places, any idea which will have the best prices?

mooose

Reaction score
or any advice on stuff I can only get there?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 52 16.8%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 106 34.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 92 29.8%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 11.0%
  • 9”

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.3%