• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are the best online stores for menswear?

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Just as a follow-up to favorite stores of the brick & mortar variety...

Is BlueFly good?
Are there quality regulars on Amazon Marketplace, eBay, etc.?

I'm thinking about a basic navy blazer and looking for a deal from someone reputable who has good feedback.

What stores do members here like?

Thanks.
smile.gif

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bluefly can be good for some things, but I wouldn't buy a navy blazer there. Ebay would be a good choice. Some places with good feedback include Sartorial Solutions and some others. If you post items here people can probably identify the seller and dissect the quality of the item.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For online outlet stores I always go to Sierra Trading Post. They always have good stuff (including Corneliani, Isaia, and Allen-Edmonds shoes) and there always seems to be a 20% discount code floating around. I have never ordered from Bluefly, but they occasionally have decent goods.

On ebay, there's a whole sticky at the top of the forum about ebay experiences where you could read about the good, the bad, and the ugly. Personally, I've had good experiences with sartorialsolutions (SF member Carlo Franco) and worldsfinest. I've also had good experiences with Faconne for shoes.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Bluefly is overpriced in general, I find, and frequently very overpriced. I rarely see what I consider real bargains there. I've even received discount coupons and gone looking for something to buy, only to come up empty-handed. Maybe those into designer labels would have more luck.

Sierra Trading Post, however, is the real deal. It's easily my favorite online clothing discounter. Yoox is more fashion-foward, but they sometimes have nice bargains. I also like browsing the sale section at Ben Silver, though I rarely buy. Some good shoe sales.

On eBay, Grapevine Hill gets in some quality shoes and has a very good reputation. And if you're interested in vintage tweeds and other country clothing, Bookster1UK often has interesting items, if you're willing to pay the shipping from England.

In terms of non-discount sites, Franco's is a favorite, though more for shoes than other items. The site is a bit hard to navigate, but I like those guys, so I'm willing to cut them some slack. And their site is still better than what Saks and Neiman have managed to put together.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
I have simply never found an online source of men's clothes that wasn't highly overpriced. NM last call which is ending this week had John Lobb and a. testoni, for instance, at prices that I've not seen online.

What about STP? Corneliani for $350-$600 is a great deal.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
What about STP? Corneliani for $350-$600 is a great deal.

I will heartily second this. I've wasted hours at NM Last Call and SOF without finding anything that I like. It takes me about 5 minutes to check STP for the stuff that might be of interest, and I've never seen Corneliani for sale at the outlets at STP prices. I have 3 Corneliani suits from STP and I think they're fantastic.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I always see items I want from Yoox. and ebay is a given.

Personally have never seen anything on bluefly or the other SF favorite, Sierra Trading Post, that I would want to wear. But STP has some good monetary discounts.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There is also Luisa Via Roma, which has Berluti sometimes aside from its designer offerings.

Brown's in London has a web presence as well.

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For e-bay, I would add honest goods to the list.

I've just scored some great deals from STP, including brands such as pantherella, zimmerli, and mezlan.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads