• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What are the best friends of your country?

Status
Not open for further replies.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
(globetrotter @ Feb. 23 2005,09:31) a smile works
actually, I love france, and like the french, but I think that what I said about Denmark is very accurate - the biggest problem with France is that it hates to see that its time has passed. France is a lot like an aging diva who wants to believe she is still a young, atractive girl. instead of focusing on her positive points, she tries to recapture the type of power she had years ago.
Yep, it's a fairly common viewpoint. Â But the president of the United States still wants to have dinner with the aging diva.
hey, an aging diva is still a diva....

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am French I guess that our friends are = Belgium UK US Swiss Italy Spain Portugal Romania Poland Serbia Russia Greece What are the countries you consider like friends?
I am shocked and apalled that you didn't include the Dutch
What about all the French people spending their weekends in Holland buying our ,euhm, coffee

Looking to improve

Reaction score
What about all the French people spending their weekends in Holland buying our, euhm, coffee Â
On which level would this make us friends of the French? MtB

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I like Americans  because  =

- they have european origin for most of them = like me
Lovely.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(Roy @ Feb. 23 2005,07:35) What about all the French people spending their weekends in Holland buying our, euhm, coffee Â

On which level would this make us friends of the French? MtB
I concur with MtB's sentiment.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love video games, tv, and clothes, but I am educated, believe me.
You don't spend all your free time in front of the TV as you are on the forum.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how big is France? how big is Denmark? are you sure that Denmark is a "small country"

Denmark is a country that is happy with its position in life. it used to be an Empire, it had a few periods when it was very influential, and now it is a marginal country and has no pretense of imposing its way of life on the world.

that is why nobody hates the danes. there are a few good reasons for liking the Danes - they really had a resistance to the Germans, but they don't talk about it to much, unlike some other countries that seem to talk about it a lot more about their resistance a lot more than it actually existed....
Are you kidding me?

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a smile works
actually, I love france, and like the french, but I think that what I said about Denmark is very accurate - the biggest problem with France is that it hates to see that its time has passed. France is a lot like an aging diva who wants to believe she is still a young, atractive girl. instead of focusing on her positive points, she tries to recapture the type of power she had years ago.
How on this board can tell me 3 cities in Danemark, 3 danish brands or 3 famous danish guys ? I don't even ask to pinpoint it on a map.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(ernest @ Feb. 21 2005,05:45) I am French I guess that our friends are = Belgium UK US Swiss Italy Spain Portugal Romania Poland Serbia Russia Greece What are the countries you consider like friends?
I am shocked and apalled that you didn't include the Dutch Â
What about all the French people spending their weekends in Holland buying our ,euhm, coffee Â

I can not put everybody. Holland seems to be more friend with Germany than with France but they are a friend country.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
(globetrotter @ Feb. 23 2005,14:40) how big is France? how big is Denmark? are you sure that Denmark is a "small country" Denmark is a country that is happy with its position in life. it used to be an Empire, it had a few periods when it was very influential, and now it is a marginal country and has no pretense of imposing its way of life on the world. that is why nobody hates the danes. there are a few good reasons for liking the Danes - they really had a resistance to the Germans, but they don't talk about it to much, unlike some other countries that seem to talk about it a lot more about their resistance a lot more than it actually existed....
Are you kidding me?
Earnest, it is very nice that for a period of 50 years or so, 150 years ago, France was actually an important state. and france has been able to make some very good food over the years, and was home to some very good artists (maybe not actually french, but we will give france points for hosting them). but don't exagurate your importance.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Umm - Wasn't Hamlet the Prince of Denmark?

I don't know - maybe Hans Christian Anderson...

Bradford

BjornH

Reaction score
How on this board can tell me 3 cities in Danemark, 3 danish brands or 3 famous danish guys ? I don't even ask to pinpoint it on a map.
As for what the Danes have done to the world it is both good and bad. The good is Carlsberg, Tuborg and Prince White
The bad, at least from an Icelander's perspective, is oppressing us and keeping a nation locked in the dark ages for an extra few centuries. No thanks for that, I'm afraid. B edit: putting enough p's into oppression

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Don't forget Bang & Olufsen.

bryce330

Reaction score
I am French I guess that our friends are =

Belgium
UK
US