• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are The Best Discount Cologne Sites?

Hey Man

Reaction score
I was going to order from Scentiments.com - as that site had been recommended to me based on the really great prices, but I have just learned that they do not ship to Canada. So could someone recommend any other sites that are price comparable to Scentiments and ship everywhere.

Thank you.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Joel_Cairo. Great resource. I've had fine results from Imagination Perfumery, Scentiments, Perfume Outlet, and Perfume Bay. Even 1st Perfume.

water

Reaction score
The problem with ordering cologne from a source outside of Canada is a result of Customs Canada's policy of not allowing perfume/cologne/et al to be shipped into the country. I have read stories of Customs destroying the cologne on site, which creates a loss for both seller and customer. As a result, most sellers have simply stopped shipping to Canada.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It sounds like Canada really hates trade. Do people not complain about all this?

Hey Man

Reaction score
Water,

I never heard of customs not allowing cologne in Canada. Am I wasting my time ordering - even though I found some sites that do ship to Canada? I have looked for Canadian discount sites and found some - but the prices are hardly discount ala Scentiments. Do you know of any real discount Canadian sites?

Thanks

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by water
The problem with ordering cologne from a source outside of Canada is a result of Customs Canada's policy of not allowing perfume/cologne/et al to be shipped into the country. I have read stories of Customs destroying the cologne on site, which creates a loss for both seller and customer. As a result, most sellers have simply stopped shipping to Canada.

This is indeed a serious problem. I've shipped cologne to Canada on mnay many occasions, and it's always a little scary. Shipping other places, you can get hit with customs unless you decalre it as a "gift", but the canadian post really does seem to have a raging hard-on for frags. That said, I've never had a shipment confiscated at the border. You just have to lie. I have a friend to whom i often send "childrens toy car sets" or "plastic wristwatches."

the best thing really is to order teh cologne to someone you know in the states and have them forward it to you with a customs declaration label full of boldfaced lies.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hey Man
Water, I never heard of customs not allowing cologne in Canada. Am I wasting my time ordering - even though I found some sites that do ship to Canada? I have looked for Canadian discount sites and found some - but the prices are hardly discount ala Scentiments. Do you know of any real discount Canadian sites? Thanks
Places that do ship to canada will do it UPS, to circumvent the candian govt's anti-fragrance brigade. It'll cost an arm and a leg in brokerage fees, totally washing out the discount and then some, and you'l have to wait at home to sign or they won't deliver.

Hey Man

Reaction score
So in other words - I am fucked and have to spend crazy amounts of money for colognes in Canada, that I have found online for much cheaper.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads