1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What are some movies that feature nice suits?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by TheApple, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Financekid

Financekid Member

I love that you guys mentioned Body of Lies, because that movie really has some great suits in it.

I'm a little surprised nobody's mentioned The Avengers though. Suits are all corneliani, if I remember correctly, and the whole movie is one big example of how good looking bowler hats actually are.

Bit new to this so not sure if the pic will show up.

In any case I have the movie, so I'll try to get some screencaps and put them up here.

Also very much worth mentioning is of course the Thomas Crown Affair, and just about anything starring Cary Grant. To catch a thief really is a splendid example though.

Another movie I really like the clothing of (especialy jude law's character, Eugene/Jerome) is Gattaca, which is also my all time favourite movie. As far as the quality of the tailoring goes, I won't claim it's necessarily the epitomy of sartorial artistry, but I really like the style.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Gran Torino

Gran Torino Well-Known Member

I have just seen Frost vs. Nixon and Mr. Frost wears very very nice suits.

Great movie.

3. res ipsa

res ipsa Member

Patrick Bateman enjoys his Ralph Lauren ties... Although for a man of such elite stature 81 Central Park West isn't that nice. Should move 20 blocks south to the other side of Central Park... Or 20 blocks south and 6 blocks further west.

Loves me some American Psycho.

I just saw Up in the Air with George Clooney today. He had some nice suits.

4. dv_indian

dv_indian Senior member

Awesome thread - it was great watching some of the movies mentioned here.
    I watched Tailor of Panama, Wall Street, The Game, Once Upon A time in America, Goodfellas and Pink Panther. I enjoyed watching them all. Once Upon A time in America was a feast for the eyes with it's beautiful cinematography and smartly dressed characters.
    Before I discovered the Styleforum, I never used to pay much attention to the details of dressing in movies and TV shows. Now I notice the dressing in every movie and tv show that I watch!

5. Dw3610wm

Dw3610wm Senior member

6. HarryLime

HarryLime Member

Almost anything with Cary Grant in it. Or Bogart. Or William Powell.

7. Beetleything

Beetleything Senior member

The one and only best suit ever in a movie - ICONIC........imo.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. smruss

smruss Senior member

I reallky like the suits in Brideshead Revisited & The Brothers Bloom