• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are My Chance With Brooks Brothers

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple of weeks back, when Brooks had the 2 day, 70% off sale, I called my local store and ordered the Peal chukkas that were marked down to $168. The SA said she'd have them sent in and I could pick them up there. The next day she called back and told me they were no longer available in my size. Too bad for me. Well today I checked the site, and guess what? They're in stock in my size, at $264. I called and the phone SA told me I'd have to talk to the SA at the store and that she didn't know whether I could get the $168 price or not. So, what are my chance?

Vault

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonylumpkin
A couple of weeks back, when Brooks had the 2 day, 70% off sale, I called my local store and ordered the Peal chukkas that were marked down to $168. The SA said she'd have them sent in and I could pick them up there. The next day she called back and told me they were no longer available in my size. Too bad for me. Well today I checked the site, and guess what? They're in stock in my size, at $264. I called and the phone SA told me I'd have to talk to the SA at the store and that she din't know whether I could get the $168 price or not. So, what are my chance?

You will get it at $168,it's no big deal.Just talk to original SA and problem solved.Should we have a poll for this?

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vault
You will get it at $168,it's no big deal.Just talk to original SA and problem solved.Should we have a poll for this?

You posted before I could get it finished.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If the SA remembers you then I feel fairly certain that you'll get the price.

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, so far, the correct answer is A. And now they've pissed me off. BB is denying any record of the boots ever being on sale for $158.40 (the 70% off price). I know members here purchased some of these at that price. Any of you care to say who you are so I can rub it in their faces?
plain.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads