• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What a find! Anyone help with info on this vintage Wipp's Eton Club jacket?

Shoe fetishisisisist

Reaction score
Hi guys, Was going through wy old wardrobe at my dad's last night and came across this.

5453179522_ff598456ac.jpg
IMG_0632 by chris.lane184, on Flickr[/IMG]
5453181270_a10aa980f1.jpg
IMG_0635 by chris.lane184, on Flickr[/IMG]
5453180750_438caf11e7.jpg
IMG_0634 by chris.lane184, on Flickr[/IMG]
5453180190_396faea26f.jpg
IMG_0633 by chris.lane184, on Flickr[/IMG]

My Grandad gave it to me 10+ years ago when i was too young to appreciate it really, he'd bought it when he was a parade sargent in the Welsh Guards, stationed in Germany, probably around 40 years ago.

I've googled the name but cant find any info on it, anyone shed any light?

Sorry for the poor phone pics.

Chris.

giraffe lookout

Reaction score
Don't know anything about it but it looks to be in great shape. Whenever I come across stuff like this it's full of moth holes and the lining is totally fallen apart.

Shoe fetishisisisist

Reaction score
Thankyou, it is in great shape, barely a mark on it and the lining is pristine. I was so chuffed when i first tried it on, not to mention the sentimental value of it, could imagine my grandad walking around with this on teffifying the lesser ranks :p

twistoffat

Reaction score
100% new wool. Lining 100% Viscose. Germany used to have lots of great clothing manufacturers who have unfortunately since gone to the wall. Despite all the Hype of the shows Duesseldorf is still the trade fair where most of the world fashion business is done (I know I was surprised when I heard it). Love the colour...great find

Icehawk

Reaction score
I agree, it's very handsome. What color is it? I'm not sure if it is black or some kind of deep olive but either way :thumbsup:

Shoe fetishisisisist

Reaction score
it's a dark olive, very early 60s army, been asking my gran about it, it's the best part of 50 years old!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads