1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

We've officially lost the war

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Sazerac, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Sazerac

Sazerac Senior member

I weep for the future. Behold:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8clu...layer_embedded

So do we surrender to the sweats-wearing masses on the deck of the SS Chubstain or retreat to the mountains with our Filson outerwear to fight on?

On the other hand, perhaps this means we've achieved critical mass. First flip-flops in the White House and now this. Perhaps the pendulum will swing back the other way and by 2015 we'll once again be wearing dinner jackets to, well, dinner.

2. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

The war is over. We're like the last holdouts stranded on some Pacific Island waiting for the invasion. We're the Quantrill's Raiders of clothing.

3. D Yizz

D Yizz Senior member

I saw the ad the other day and remembered it had been mentioned here. So, [​IMG]

4. Doc4

Doc4 Senior member

Somewhere offshore, someone's Commander-in-Chief is standing on the deck of an aircraft carrier in Pyjamma-jeans, underneath a "mission accomplished" sign.

5. thrice

thrice Well-Known Member

never seen this before [​IMG]

6. medtech_expat

medtech_expat Senior member

I predict a >50% conversion ratio for anyone watching that wrapped in the supreme comfort of their snuggie.

7. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

Anyone willing to have their testicles removed to wear Payjama Jeans? Who's with me!?

8. Sazerac

Sazerac Senior member

I just don't understand this idea of comfort. What the hell is everyone out there wearing? Chainmail?

There's not a single thing in my closet that's "uncomfortable." I have zero desire to wear sweats when I am not working out.

9. medtech_expat

medtech_expat Senior member

What the hell is everyone out there wearing? Chainmail?

Hairshirts and corsets.

10. w.o.e.is.me.

w.o.e.is.me. Senior member

I just don't understand this idea of comfort. What the hell is everyone out there wearing? Chainmail?

There's not a single thing in my closet that's "uncomfortable." I have zero desire to wear sweats when I am not working out.

[​IMG]

11. chasingred

chasingred Senior member

Can I wear them six months without washing?

12. chasingred

chasingred Senior member

This woman's review is hilarious. She even has a pajama blazer.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

13. bluemagic

bluemagic Senior member

14. Sazerac

Sazerac Senior member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Funny at first, then sad.

I'm picturing a lot of scented candles in her house, a yellowed Cathy cartoon on her refrigerator, a bookshelf stocked with titles like "30 days to a flatter tummy" and "Unlock the goddess within."

15. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

Thanks for posting this. This woman is adorable and remarkably good natured despite getting ripped off. From what she's saying, aside from the fact that there are no clasps, the pants bleed and ruin anything else in the washer with them; that they stretch so bad while wearing them that they would fall off in public and that they are a magnet for cat hair, they are otherwise perfect!

16. Sazerac

Sazerac Senior member

Thanks for posting this. This woman is adorable and remarkably good natured despite getting ripped off.
    From what she's saying, aside from the fact that there are no clasps, the pants bleed and ruin anything else in the washer with them; that they stretch so bad while wearing them that they would fall off in public and that they are a magnet for cat hair,
    they are otherwise perfect!

Yet she continues to wear them.

17. chasingred

chasingred Senior member

Yet she continues to wear them.

I like how she takes the moral high road when someone said they pick up cat hair ("get a lint roller dude"), all the while, wearing pajama jeans. You know you've hit rock bottom when someone in pajama jeans thinks you're too lazy.

18. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Hilarious? I didn't laugh once. I kind of started to cry at how sad it is.

19. DStew

DStew Well-Known Member

Preach on brother. Comical how many people at my office who think dress clothes are uncomfortable because they only know dress clothes from Kohls.

20. bleachboy

bleachboy Senior member

Hilarious? I didn't laugh once. I kind of started to cry at how sad it is.

Indeed. Especially since that girl is cute, and would probably be smoking hot if she weren't wearing pajama jeans and a fleece blazer.