• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western bib shirt

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I wanted to get out and walk eastward toward the park through the soft twilight, but each time I tried to go I became entangled in some wild, strident argument which pulled me back, as if with ropes, into my chair. Yet high over the city our line of yellow windows must have contributed their share of human secrecy to the casual watcher in the darkening streets, and I was him too, looking up and wondering. I was within and without, simultaneously enchanted and repelled by the inexhaustible variety of life.

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The purser took the last landing-card in his hand and watched the passengers cross the grey wet quay, over a wilderness of rails and points, round the corners of abandoned trucks. They went with coat-collars turned up and hunched shoulders; on the tables in the long coaches lamps were lit and glowed through the rain like a chain of blue beads. A giant crane swept and descended, and the clatter of the winch drowned for a moment the pervading sounds of water, water falling from the overcast sky, water washing against the sides of channel steamer and quay. It was half past four in the afternoon.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The eastern sky was red as coals in a forge, lighting up the flats along the river. Dew had wet the million needles of the chaparral, and when the rim of the sun edged over the horizon the chaparral seemed to be spotted with diamonds. A bush in the backyard was filled with little rainbows as the sun touched the dew.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sage thicket. "Vámonos, amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintcraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.

BOF

Reaction score
I think this is likely a situation where, you're not John Wayne, so you won't be able to pull it off... Also, it was awesome to read the first one from American Psycho.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was at a party last year, and there were about a dozen guys in western shirts. I actually commented to one of them that it looked like it was coming back into style, that I hadn't seen a shirt like that since the 70's. then it turned out that they were the band.

Clocky

Reaction score
The Good Ol' Blues Brothers?

Thanks for the replies, even if the AP quotes put me in a strange mood for peach bellinis.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
now I know why I avoid streetwear!!!!

I have made a few of these in the last year.

one was a western buff.
the other was just a slightly eccentric home builder in the hamptons.

but they were fun to make.
Made in a heavy cotton twill as well as one in a light weight wool.

Carl

tayen2

Reaction score
Hello, I was looking online for bib shirt patterns and came across your post. There are several stores online that cater to Cowboy Action Shooters/Civil War Enthusiasts/People in horse shows, etc.

Anyway, this isn't the material you are looking for but it is a bib style shirt: http://www.wwmerc.com/cgi-bin/catego...ategory=search

The Wild West Mercantile has several other bib shirts so you can search their website for "bib" and it should give you the options. There are other online stores of course, most of them dubb

Hope that helps.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads