• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

West World

Godot

Reaction score
West World 4 stars

Just got through binge watching West World & it's a winner. It manages to combine basic elements from the original West World (an OK film, interesting but not life altering) & Blade Runner ( a truly GREAT film) to create something unique & interesting to watch.
Helle Barry (the first beautiful Black woman to appear in a Bond film) has aged a bit. She is still beautiful, but not as breathtakingly so as she was in 2002. Her acting however seems to have improved, not that she was bad before, just better now.
I won't say anymore as I don't want to ruin it for 1st time watchers.

SixOhNine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Helle Barry (the first beautiful Black woman to appear in a Bond film) has aged a bit. She is still beautiful, but not as breathtakingly so as she was in 2002. Her acting however seems to have improved, not that she was bad before, just better now.
They all look alike, amirite?

Halle Berry isn't in West World.

You're right that Thandie Newton is a better actor.

Godot

Reaction score
I swear I thought that was Halle Berry. They have similar accents & skin tones & I made a mistake. It's not as though I've seen Halle Berry in a lot of films. I think maybe one or two. West World is still worth seeing. If I've offended anyone of Color, that was not my intention. Ms Newton is a good actress & I'm sure this will lead to bigger things. She was damned good in this one.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.