• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wesco X Standard & Strange Boots

Which would you buy?

• Standard &Strange x Wesco Axe Breaker

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • Standard &Strange x Wesco Black CXL Horsehide Engineer boot

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • EG Galway

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

Markfisher702

Reaction score
I'm not a big boot poster so please forgive any faux pas.
John Lofgren Black Monkey Boots...in a word....AWESOME!
Bought via S&S in August 2019 with February, 2020 delivery expectation.
S&S folks were super helpful, as everyone probably knows & after discussing sizing I went with a 10. I'm Brannock 11.25 & wear a Viberg 2030 size 10.
February rolled around & they didn't come in but were expected for March.
Then, well, ya know what happened next so delivery delayed again.
Finally arrived in late May. They were tight in the toe. Hurting tight. Fortunately S&S had a 10.5 in stock & we made the exchange, which arrived mid June. The 10.5 fit great. The boot is great. They are like buttah. No break in needed. I love them. If it's a style you like I definitely recommend.
Yeah, Buddy. Those are hot. I’ve wanted a pair since I first saw them. Excellent score. Enjoy.

Markfisher702

Reaction score
I'll give you guys an interesting reference. A friend of mine just commissioned Underdogs from Brian the Bootmaker. Base price now $1350 before leather upgrades and the delivery is......................

March 2023

Markfisher702

Reaction score
Here are some pics of the Axe Breakers in action....
IMG_3241.jpg
IMG_3310.jpg
IMG_3944.jpg
IMG_3920.jpg

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
@Markfisher702, I was thinking about them, saw your photos, and just placed my order. Mari was great, working me through proper sizing and other questions, eliminating that minor anxiety you get when ordering boots from a make you've not ordered previously.

Please do keep us up to date. I've got a bit of a wait ahead on these, so it'd be great to know how it's going with yours -- how they're feeling, how they're looking -- as you put more wear into them.

Markfisher702

Reaction score
@Markfisher702, I was thinking about them, saw your photos, and just placed my order. Mari was great, working me through proper sizing and other questions, eliminating that minor anxiety you get when ordering boots from a make you've not ordered previously.

Please do keep us up to date. I've got a bit of a wait ahead on these, so it'd be great to know how it's going with yours -- how they're feeling, how they're looking -- as you put more wear into them.
Yeah. Great move. So.....I have endless anxiety about sizing for online clothes and boots. Sometimes, it’s easy to make a mistake and spend a few bucks to return for another size. Not in this case. I read a lot of reports on Wesco sizing and talked to Mari as well. I decided to spend an extra $100 for custom sizing. I’ll tell you, they fit like gloves....stiff gloves that need some break in but the size is exactly right. I’m really happy with the up charge.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads