• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wesco Boots!

miggyramone

Reaction score
The Domane leathers are struck through and not just surface dyed like Horween. I also prefer struck through leather.
Really? A customer service rep at Nicks boots told me Black Domane has a tan underneath the surface. I tried googling it but can't find any proof of that. I have brown domane and I find it pretty tough.

gte872h

Reaction score
Really? A customer service rep at Nicks boots told me Black Domane has a tan underneath the surface. I tried googling it but can't find any proof of that. I have brown domane and I find it pretty tough.

Seidel will make it according to their customer specs. Since this is a Wesco thread I assumed you were asking about Wesco leathers. Here’s Chris Warren’s quote from his Reddit AMA a few years back.

“We have all of our leathers struck through. Although if there was a large enough order.....we could possibly order some that way.”

miggyramone

Reaction score
Seidel will make it according to their customer specs. Since this is a Wesco thread I assumed you were asking about Wesco leathers. Here’s Chris Warren’s quote from his Reddit AMA a few years back.

“We have all of our leathers struck through. Although if there was a large enough order.....we could possibly order some that way.”
I brought up Nicks because that is where I first saw the leather and then saw Wesco also used it when I was looking into them. I am debating between the two brands for my next pair, so it's fitting.

mlwdp

Reaction score
One more Lynch Silversmith mimic

Attachments

• B3EE8C3D-5895-47D5-8706-784620745B35.jpeg
    B3EE8C3D-5895-47D5-8706-784620745B35.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 95
  • 11D2D16B-4587-4A11-991E-8C456A539719.png
    11D2D16B-4587-4A11-991E-8C456A539719.png
    189.1 KB · Views: 108

HolyBootsBatman

Reaction score
Looks like someone was in Scappoose. Are those a pair of 38LTT 100th Anniversary Jobmasters and how do they like them?

Good eye, Spike! Indeed they are 38LTT 100th Anniversary Jobmasters.

I was visiting my sister in Portland. From Portland it's a nice little day-trip to see the endlessly beautiful Sauvie Island, then Scappoose.

In my experience, #9109 Bump-toe Last at my Brannock size is the best fitting non-custom last boots I've had. My big toes are a bit weird, fit is a headache for me. For instance, I had to have my White's pair rebuilt on a MTM last. Somehow the #9109 works well: plenty of toe volume and the rest of the boot contours around my foot well.

My first pair of Wesco's were Standard Last Jobmaster's, 1/2 under Brannock. But for my foot, they do not work. They harshly pinch down on my toes. It may be from the way the LLT creases on the standard last, my large big toes, or both. At some point, I'll send them in for a rebuild now that I know what fits. And now that I have a fit sheet, I'll dial it in even a bit more.

● Plus, I dig the the chunky aesthetics of the very bootish boot look of the bump-toe last. It's similar to my 310 Viberg's but with a much better fit.
I think there are plenty of sleek boots worn around, they all blend in. I usually choose stronger profile boots when wearing straight-cut jeans.

The Wesco Supergrip half-soles on these are great; they look good and seem to have the right mix of density and walking comfort.

Between the suppleness of the CXLW and the flexibility of the half-soles, these Jobmasters are very comfortable for all day wear.

This photo was taken hiking above Latourell Falls by the Columbia River.

Last edited:

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my experience, #9109 Bump-toe Last at my Brannock size is the best fitting non-custom last boots I've had.
It is great when find a last that just "works" for your foot shape... all seems right with the universe... and you never again need to worry about fit!

miggyramone

Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm working on a build and wanted to get your advice on the standard Brown leather Wesco uses. These would be for the Warren boot. These would be my Wesco version of the White's Semi Dress. What I mean by that - something to wear around town and at bars. I am trying to be price conscious though, so standard Brown is kinda my only option. I wanted Brown CXL but it's out of my price range. Do you guys think the Brown leather would look too work bootish? My thinking is, hey, people wear oil tanned Red Wing leathers like crazy but I also don't dress like a metro lumberjack. Just a regular dude into comfortable custom boots.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure their standard leather is Domain, which is plenty tough. I have them in black, and whereas it won’t age quickly like chromexcel, it will age eventually. Don’t be afraid to wear them hard; the Domain leather is thick and laughs at surface scratches.

miggyramone

Reaction score
Nope. According to Chris from Wesco - they aren't doing brown domain anymore. The standard brown leather is a oil tanned leather, while brown domain is a waxy leather.

Jmccle2

Reaction score
Anyone have worn pics of their natural Essex engineers? I caved and preordered a pair from ship john.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads