• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wesco Boots!

Engineer05

Reaction score
Surprisingly, there isn't a master-thread for Wesco Boots, one of the big PNW bootmakers in Scappoose, OR. Post pictures. Ask questions. Discuss.

I'll start. I recently bought a pair a pair of LTT Jobmasters in burgundy domain, and they've quickly grown to be one of my favorite and most comfortable boots. In terms of build quality and finishing, I think these are on par with Viberg, except they're more comfortable (I've owned 8 pairs).
lurker[1].gif
The leather quality is great, but unique leathers (like those offered by Stead) are somewhat limited, compared to larger and more fashion-forward makers. What I've noticed is that all of their leathers can be used smoothout or roughout, though.

Engineer05

Reaction score
Wesco's are great! I haven't been a fan of lace to toe in the past, but your pair looks awesome.

I've got two pairs, both collaborations with Iron Heart UK.

Both of those pairs look great! I wasn't a huge fan of the Foot Patrols when they came out - I think the lack of a heel counter seemed weird. They've definitely grown on me, and I'd love to pick up a pair. Are the engineers MP toe or western toe?

Segovia

Reaction score
Both of those pairs look great! I wasn't a huge fan of the Foot Patrols when they came out - I think the lack of a heel counter seemed weird. They've definitely grown on me, and I'd love to pick up a pair. Are the engineers MP toe or western toe?

They are both MP toes. The Foot Patrols are the most comfortable boots I've ever worn. Even the very first wear felt great. The lack of a counter is a little odd, but I think it works out alright.

Engineer05

Reaction score
Thanks! Here's the build info. If you select brass eyelets, standard heel height, and "random leather" insoles, they'd be closer to $500.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wesco looks like they're pulling it together. Their first efforts in the menswear market were a little clumsy looking.

Whirling

Reaction score
As I mentioned in another thread, I visited a Wesco dealer, Flemington Department Store in New Jersey, today. I really don't need more boots, but was quite taken by the quality of their Boss boots. I am not so much into the Engineer style and I decided I should get a size they didn't have. I think I'm between a 10 and a 10.5 on a Brannock, leaning toward 10.5 in the thicker socks most appropriate for heavy boots. Width-wise, I am a C. I thought the 10D Bosses fit pretty well. They didn't have any 10.5 D Bosses, but did have some 10.5 E Bosses. I thought the arches hit me better on the 10.5...I have long arches for my foot size. Ultimately, I decided to order some 7" Jobmasters, regular toe, redwood, in 10.5 C. Now, the wait begins...I am planning on 15 weeks.

Then, because I am an inpatient kind of guy, I ordered some stock 10" brown lace-to-toe Jobmasters in 10.5D from WorkingPerson.com. I figure thick socks will make these work fine too, but I can return them free, if necessary. With the 10% discount for signing up for their newsletter, these boots, shipped for free, came to $341.10. I think that is a darn good deal.

Now, the crazy thing is I kind of want a pair of Bosses too...something to be said for a boot with no laces...problem is I don't own a motorcycle, so I would feel odd...

Engineer05

Reaction score
As I mentioned in another thread, I visited a Wesco dealer, Flemington Department Store in New Jersey, today. I really don't need more boots, but was quite taken by the quality of their Boss boots. I am not so much into the Engineer style and I decided I should get a size they didn't have. I think I'm between a 10 and a 10.5 on a Brannock, leaning toward 10.5 in the thicker socks most appropriate for heavy boots. Width-wise, I am a C. I thought the 10D Bosses fit pretty well. They didn't have any 10.5 D Bosses, but did have some 10.5 E Bosses. I thought the arches hit me better on the 10.5...I have long arches for my foot size. Ultimately, I decided to order some 7" Jobmasters, regular toe, redwood, in 10.5 C. Now, the wait begins...I am planning on 15 weeks.

Then, because I am an inpatient kind of guy, I ordered some stock 10" brown lace-to-toe Jobmasters in 10.5D from WorkingPerson.com. I figure thick socks will make these work fine too, but I can return them free, if necessary. With the 10% discount for signing up for their newsletter, these boots, shipped for free, came to $341.10. I think that is a darn good deal.

Now, the crazy thing is I kind of want a pair of Bosses too...something to be said for a boot with no laces...problem is I don't own a motorcycle, so I would feel odd...

Right on, welcome to the club! I've owned Vibergs (8 or 9 pairs), Daytons and White's, and I greatly prefer my Wescos. I know everybody's feet are different, but my Wescos are my most comfortable boots.

There are some great deals on WorkingPerson.com. Around the Holidays they had a 20% off promotion, which put the Jobmasters at $300. I kind of wish I had purchased another pair, even though it'd be difficult to justify.

PaintSplattered

Reaction score
How are the burgundy Wesco Packers treating you so far?

Being a fan of western/cowboy boots (whatever you wish to call them), those packer boots with a higher heel lift keep looking better and better to me.

I find myself conflicted between saving for another pair of robust boots or going for more dress boots.

I'm thinking either Wesco Packer or Boss with Western last. Higher heel lift, of course, since I wear those type of boots daily.

Engineer05

Reaction score
How are the burgundy Wesco Packers treating you so far?

Being a fan of western/cowboy boots (whatever you wish to call them), those packer boots with a higher heel lift keep looking better and better to me.

I find myself conflicted between saving for another pair of robust boots or going for more dress boots.

I'm thinking either Wesco Packer or Boss with Western last. Higher heel lift, of course, since I wear those type of boots daily.

I'm enjoying them so far, even though they aren't the most practical footwear for an office job. I mostly wear them on casual days or if I'll be outside (and likely getting rained on). I've already put several (10-15) miles on them, with no discomfort. With thin or medium socks, I feel like I could've sized down 1/2, but they're just right with heavy boot socks.

Have you looked thru Wesco's Instagram page for ideas?? Wesco Japan also has some wild builds.

Like you, I gravitate toward sturdy/robust footwear, despite working in an office. I have a few nice pairs of dress shoes, but I usually reach for boots in the morning.

PaintSplattered

Reaction score
Thank you for the links! Many different builds to find inspiration from, to say the least.

I didn't realize I'd like the Slate color so much. I have a lot of decisions to make, but thankfully my next pair of footwear are quite a ways off.

It's good for Wesco to have all these pictures available publicly. Sometimes it can be hard to visualize how different lasts and leather combinations will look together.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads