• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wesco Boots!

theofficialhung

Reaction score
I'm very happy they had my size in stock for a pair of 7500s. Only had to wait a week. Awesome boots

Me too. Just got them a couple days ago, gettin dusty on a little hike with em now.

PXL_20210724_012258816.MP.jpg

PXL_20210724_010425763.MP.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20210724_004048144.jpg
    PXL_20210724_004048144.jpg
    682 KB · Views: 29

TyrLI

Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on domain leather? Is it CXL? Where does it come from?

theofficialhung

Reaction score
Is there a significant difference in shaft size between regular Boss engineers vs. Mr. Lou? Wondering if I should have my MTO Boss reduced shaft size like my 7500 Boss, the MTO Boss are 8" so not sure if it's going to make a difference for such a short engineer.

TyrLI

Reaction score
Is there a significant difference in shaft size between regular Boss engineers vs. Mr. Lou? Wondering if I should have my MTO Boss reduced shaft size like my 7500 Boss, the MTO Boss are 8" so not sure if it's going to make a difference for such a short engineer.
Stock Boss and Mr. Lou are both 10" tall, but the circumference of the shaft is 1" smaller on Mr. Lou

theofficialhung

Reaction score
Stock Boss and Mr. Lou are both 10" tall, but the circumference of the shaft is 1" smaller on Mr. Lou

Yeah, I'm just wondering whether reducing the shaft by 1" will make a difference on how an 8" Boss wears. I want my 8" Boss to wear similar to how my 7500 Boss wears on the leg, it's already roomy and the same dimensions as the Mr. Lou with 1" shaft reduction.

TyrLI

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm just wondering whether reducing the shaft by 1" will make a difference on how an 8" Boss wears. I want my 8" Boss to wear similar to how my 7500 Boss wears on the leg, it's already roomy and the same dimensions as the Mr. Lou with 1" shaft reduction.
It's supposed to make it fit under your jeans better. Stock boots allow for pants tucking.

theofficialhung

Reaction score
It's supposed to make it fit under your jeans better. Stock boots allow for pants tucking.

I'm definitely not a pant tucker so thanks for the info! Looks like I need to have the shaft size reduced.

Fooleo

Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on domain leather? Is it CXL? Where does it come from?

From what I have gathered online, it comes from Seidel Tannery and is a waxed leather, compared to their standard "oil" leathers. It is similarity is softness and weight to CXL, but feels to be dye-d through much deeper, like all the way through (possibly chrome tanned?)

I think CXL is vegetable / combination tanned but maybe someone more knowledgeable can correct me.

I have a pair of Job masters in standard black oil tan, and just got some JH classics in black tie, and the black tie is definitely might lighter and softer but still feels incredibly sturdy. Definitely a work boot leather just a bit on the dressier side. I also saw mentioned somewhere that it was intentionally tanned this way to allow it to be regularly treated with oil or polished if desired.

Hope that helps!

FutureComesToday

Reaction score
Just checked in on my order through ShipJohn today... order was placed 30March, estimated complete date Oct or Nov. Woof!

Love my Wesco's but that wait time is really something to consider when looking at new boots.
Received an update today, boots projected to finish in early December now. 14 weeks lead time at order issuance is projected to turn into 36 weeks. :fu:

Reaction score
Received an update today, boots projected to finish in early December now. 14 weeks lead time at order issuance is projected to turn into 36 weeks. :fu:
Yeah mine took about 8 months to complete (and I had to follow up to find out they were delayed), and now they have been on a world tour on their way to Australia. They should arrive next week depending on the efficiency of Australia post. Disappointing wait time, but still excited to finally get them.

Buellrider

Reaction score
Dang, these lead times are making me question the order I have ready for some Boss boots.

FutureComesToday

Reaction score
Dang, these lead times are making me question the order I have ready for some Boss boots.
I find the quality on the Wesco's to be consistently great. With Nicks, I see stray stitches and more quality variation (have a couple pairs). With White's I have been fortunate but White's stitchdown stitching seems to have a lot of variation, we've all seen photos.

I just would recommend to plan on a longer lead time if a custom order. I have a pair of custom White's on the way currently, and they were ordered months after the Wesco's... so the lead time differences are worth noting if you have a more rigid timeline.

WJosiah

Reaction score
My early April order of fairly basic Romeos with customized fit just had its status changed to "Your boots are being built now." So I guess they should come around the end of the month?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads