• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wesco Boots!

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wesco doesn't have a chelsea (tall Romeo), do they?

theofficialhung

Reaction score
Does anybody have any direct links to 8 inch Wesco Boss Engineers on foot? I want to see if they look weird, I know I don't want a 10" boot but not sure if 8" is too short for my build.

soaped

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There should be so many more posts in this thread. Wesco is so underrated.

a1.jpg

theofficialhung

Reaction score
There should be so many more posts in this thread. Wesco is so underrated.

View attachment 1610027

Agree with you, they have really cool long format videos on their IG page where Chris answers questions live.

I just ordered a pair of 8" shorty Boss engineers in charcoal but can't decide if I want the bump/bubble toe or not. If anybody has any pics I'd love to see.

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
They're certainly my favorite. You'd have to spend at least twice as much on Role Club or Clinch to find a better looking boot than the Hendrik. Such a well balanced boot aesthetically and built like a tank.

Their MP toe engineer is the best value engineer at their price as well with the possible exception of Moto.

I've got 3 boots of theirs and plan to get 2 more with at least one being essex.

soaped

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I currently have the black HH Hendrik from S&S on order since I missed out on the brown HH a while back.

I'm pretty sure the next build I'm going to get is a 7" Packer in their regular brown leather to try out the western toe shape.

FutureComesToday

Reaction score
Here are my freshly saddle soaped and VSC conditioned Axebreakers (standard & strange edition Hendriks) in brown hh. Kind of a boring leather tbh but the boots are very comfortable with great arch support.

View attachment 1610043
I have a pair also; agree that the leather doesn't have a lot of character. It is nice, but no pull up nor interesting veining showing through. Compared to my #8 White's HH Bounty Hunters, which show a ton of character, these are far more more muted.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As someone in the UK who is considering a pair of White’s I was also wondering how Wesco compare?

Iron Heart have a selection and I like the look of the jobmaster in British tan.

One of the big appeals of Whites to me is the arch support and I was wondering how the Wesco compare in support and just general comfort?

I hear Wesco are supposed to be better finished off.

Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads