• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wesco Boots!

Jmccle2

Reaction score
Any pictures of the heel? Are these the 1.75” version?
I just moved, so they’re packed up in a shipping container. I’ve never measured the heels, but the pictures on the site look the same as mine (from what I recall).
If you’re still on the fence in about a week or so, I’ll send you pictures once they are unpacked.

Fear and Loathing

Reaction score
Just picked up a pretty unusual build on discount... apparently no flaws, just a custom order that got one of the requested specifications wrong. Haven’t seen any pics... it will be a surprise.

DISCOUNT JOBMASTER®
STYLE BRITTAN208700TC (Size: 8.5D) [J-2803]
+Color: British Tan
+8" Height
+Regular Toe
+700 Sole
DESCRIPTION: From Top Down - 2 Hooks, Rest Eyelets Leather toe caps Leather Shanks Waxed Edge packer style uppers cut 9 leg 1/2" smaller = approx. 8 ¾” in circumference @ top - Please note: We endeavor to list noticeable flaws; however, some flaws may be missed. These boots are sold as is with no warranty or returns. Due to COVID limited access to the factory pictures will not be included in this listing

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
anyone have experience with the bubble last? i really want the Jobmaster 1st (JP exclusive) but dont know what size i would need. i sized a 9E in the MP 1339 (width is perfect, got some room at the toe, wouldn't mind maybe it being .25 - .5 inch shorter in length). Brannock im a 9.5

banoi

Reaction score
My first Wesco c/o Signet - Brown roughout Jobmaster with raptor malt sole. Excited to break this in
wesco.jpg

Fear and Loathing

Reaction score
Just realized the most unique part of that build I posted above wasn’t included in the summary... The last. It‘s a 1339.

So a custom 8“ Jobmaster in British Tan Domain, on Vibram 700s... with a Motor Patol last, Packer uppers, and a leather shank like a Timber. With cap-toes.

Basically, it sounds like Wesco’s take on a White’s x Baker’s Bounty Hunter...

Last edited:

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
Those are indeed beauties. I love the Wesco toe shape.

I haven't gotten either of my orders yet though should have them both in hand by late next month.

FutureComesToday

Reaction score
Short review
I ordered waxed navy colored Wesco Warren's in early May 2020, they arrived in October 2020. In short, I liked the navy version so much I also picked up the same model in black as 2nds in early December 2020. Here are some thoughts on them, as well as some photos.
  • Stitching is tight and no loose threads.
  • The stitchdown threads per inch are tight and quite consistent, comparatively Nicks just doesn't compete on this element (McKay + stitchdown) and White's QA is hit and miss
  • Interesting (in a good way) touch with the wax on the threads on the outsole - had not noticed that before on previous boots including White's & Nicks.
  • Boot pull loops are tight for those with meaty fingers, I'll need to stretch them a bit to get them functional or use a hook. With the lined aspect, feet slide in a bit easier but if unlined I'd imagine socks not sliding as smoothly into the boot (with unlined boots that fit tight, my socks seem to catch on the unlined leather backing and the socks get pulled back and tight on the toes -- can't be alone on this).
  • Less arch that Nicks/White's 55 last (I do love that arch support) but these still offer more arch support than other shoes/boots I have had (Red Wing, Wolverine, Thorogood, Allen Edmonds, Grant Stone, J Fitzpatrick).
  • The speed hooks appear to have a locking grommet under the hook; not something I've seen before but it appears it will reduce the eyelet from "biting" into the tongue that I see on a pair of Nicks that I own
Workmanship is very nice, from stitches on the upper to the toe cap and through the heel. Brogue pattern alignment between boots is good. The materials appear top level also, nicely lined and the waxed navy is stunning.

I do believe that the pictures will tell a story and highlight the high QC seen on the Wesco's; I think they're ahead of the other PNW outfits that I've tried.

Wesco Warren's in Navy (some Nicks comparisons embedded):

Related -- White's vs Nicks comparo:

FutureComesToday

Reaction score
Any pictures of these, @Fear and Loathing ?

Just picked up a pretty unusual build on discount... apparently no flaws, just a custom order that got one of the requested specifications wrong. Haven’t seen any pics... it will be a surprise.

DISCOUNT JOBMASTER®
STYLE BRITTAN208700TC (Size: 8.5D) [J-2803]
+Color: British Tan
+8" Height
+Regular Toe
+700 Sole
DESCRIPTION: From Top Down - 2 Hooks, Rest Eyelets Leather toe caps Leather Shanks Waxed Edge packer style uppers cut 9 leg 1/2" smaller = approx. 8 ¾” in circumference @ top - Please note: We endeavor to list noticeable flaws; however, some flaws may be missed. These boots are sold as is with no warranty or returns. Due to COVID limited access to the factory pictures will not be included in this listing

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics