1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wesco Boots!

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Engineer05, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Engineer05

Engineer05 Well-Known Member

I might as well post some pictures of my latest purchase from Wesco. These are the Foot Patrol model, purchased through The Bootery (AKA Iron Heart). The Foot Patrol is a modified Packer, with no heel counter, full lining, 1" heel, MP toe, & 2 rows of quarter seam stitching (rather than 4 rows). I was a Wesco convert well before buying these, so I shall just say these exceed all expectations, and the construction quality is superb.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. Engineer05

Burgundy Packers & IH-633N

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. PaintSplattered

PaintSplattered Senior member

Both pairs look awesome and capable of handling some serious wear.

4. DuckOB

DuckOB Senior member

^. Agreed. First time I had seen the Foot patrol model. Looks good!

5. Scarlet

Scarlet Senior member

I've been searching for about a year for a way to recreate this shoe (a never-released prototype from a now-defunct company):
    [​IMG]

My prime contender would be a Rancourt Blake Wingtip with no broguing, amber ungaro calf (or maybe Essex?), and an unfinished sole edge for $468 after 10% mailing list discount. I could get almost the exact makeup I want, or as close to it as I can imagine. Aesthetically, this would be spot on to what I want, but I know some folks would think it's ridiculous crazy to pay that much for a blake/rapid shoe with a fiberboard insole.

The other option I've been considering is a Wesco Robert William, in burgundy domain leather, for $513, including the $99 custom fitting based on my foot tracings, which I could reuse for possible future Wesco boots. Construction and fit wise, this would probably be the clear winner at the price point, but aesthetically it's not really my ideal makeup, and I don't think it would be as versatile in my casual-business casual wardrobe as the Rancourts would.

What do y'all think?

6. Whirling

Whirling Senior member

I am still waiting on my first pair of Wesco boots. They aren't late or anything, but they aren't due until May. I have seen some of their boots at a dealer and they look nice, but I'm not sure they're the right folks for shoes like this...they would come off rather clunky, I would imagine. I have not seen this particular model of Rancourt, but I have been very impressed by the Rancourt shoes I've seen...they look really good to me...however, I have heard the same things about the fiberboard. Regarding blake-rapid...experts will tell you it is superior to Goodyear Welted, in terms of durability, etc. It doesn't rely on the cloth "gemming" glued to the underside of the insole to hold it all together...

1 person likes this.
  7. Engineer05

@Whirling What did you order??

8. Engineer05

A couple pictures of my Packers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Engineer05

Burgundy Jobmasters

[​IMG]

Burgundy Packers

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. PaintSplattered

I've noticed the Wesco Packer model has the same "shelf" by the arch that White's has, and while some people have claimed this looks odd I've found it to be very supportive when standing on a ladder for any period of time.

I don't own any Wesco boots (yet) but the virtual boot builder on their site is a lot of fun.

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  11. Engineer05

I've never owned any White's with Arch-Ease, but my Wesco's (Packers and Jobmasters) do have some arch support. I imagine it's less than White's, though, which is perfect for me.

12. Whirling

Whirling Senior member

[​IMG]

My Jobmasters arrived! Right on time, actually a week before expected.

I am very happy with them...solid...good leather...I am a 10.5 C, boots are 10.5 C...fit well...but definitely made to accommodate thick socks. If anything a touch shorter than i might prefer...next time, I might get 11 A.

2 people like this.
  13. PaintSplattered

After looking into Wesco, I noticed in the Standard Features part of their site there's this picture:

[​IMG]

This shows the steel shank and arch support, similar to cowboy boots. As the heel height goes up, the arch support likely increases. That has been my experience, at least. I have cowboy boots with amazing arch support, so that's where my thinking on this issue comes from.

These look really cool, are they Redwood?

14. Whirling

Whirling Senior member

Yes, they

Yeah, they are...it's a rather intense color...I like the boots; they're excellent quality.

They have more toe spring than my White's, Nick's, or Vibergs, which I think is a good thing...

I am a little bummed about the sizing...for which I only have myself to blame...I am a 10.5 C on a Brannock...White's, Viberg, and Nick's, I am about a 10 B or C. These 10.5 C Wescos are generous on width and, honestly, too short by at least a half size. I tried on some stock Wesco Boss boots at a local retailer and debated between a 10 and 10.5 in them, but knew I needed a narrower size. I am now thinking the Boss last must have noticeably more toe room than the Jobmaster...again, I just have myself to blame...I was cheap and lazy, trying to save the $99 on having Wesco custom fit me. As it is, my conservative advice would appear to be, in the Jobmaster, if you are lazy and cheap like me, to go a full size over Brannock and two widths down...but, even as I type it, it sounds a bit ridiculous, so my real advice is just go through the formal custom sizing.

Also, I wouldn't say there was anything so special about the Wesco, that I would recommend switching to them from White's, Nick's, or Viberg, unless you had a good reason. They are all fairly equivalent quality, as far as I can tell.

15. PaintSplattered

Thanks for the advice! Very helpful.

16. Americanaaa

Americanaaa Senior member

I just ordered a pair of boss boots. I am so excited. Black tie is gorgeous