• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wesco Boots!

FutureComesToday

Reaction score
Finally got the first of two Wesco orders that I put in mid 2020. This one took 31 weeks through Bakers. Brown HH Hendriks
31 weeks?!?!? They look nice, however the image shows some strange creasing/stretching on the left toe cap. Are my eyes deceiving me?

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
31 weeks?!?!? They look nice, however the image shows some strange creasing/stretching on the left toe cap. Are my eyes deceiving me?

I had been assuming it was just grain but now I'm not so sure. I've taken some closer pictures.

I talk about the ordering process here which is why it took 31 weeks.

My brothers, I come here to lament:

I ordered a pair of Brown HH Hendriks via email through Bakers on June 22. While I’ve placed 2 previous orders through Baker’s, both times were through the website. I pay the paypal invoice and email Baker’s, as requested, to confirm my payment. Fast forward to August 31st and I’m placing another order for some Wesco’s via email through Bakers. I paid the paypal invoice, as with the previous order but this time, the order is added to my Baker’s account and I receive a confirmation email, not just from paypal but Baker’s too which didn’t happen with the previous order. I ask Kyle about it, and he kindly adds the order to my account so I can see it.

Two weeks ago was the 12 week mark for my Hendriks so I email to ask for a status update and Kyle said he’d get back with me ASAP once he contacted Wesco. Today, after 13 days of radio silence, I emailed again asking for an update and was told that Kyle was out of the office but that they’d reach out to Wesco. Then a few hours ago, I’m told that they only just placed the order earlier this month and that I have at least another 2 month wait ahead of me. With the holidays approaching, I imagine it might take longer, especially since Kyle said as much as I was placing the 2nd order. I was looking forward to having them in hand this month but, alas, I must wait longer.

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
Hate to double-post but got some frustration to vent:

Had Baker's contact Wesco on December 2nd (4th month after placing order) to get an update. I was told it would be completed mid-January. Mid-January came and went so I asked for another update today. Was told the leather JUST came in this week and the boots would be done by the end of this month.

I figured that covid + holidays + having Baker's source the leather would add some delay but 6 months seems excessive. Nothing to do but wait.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hate to double-post but got some frustration to vent:

Had Baker's contact Wesco on December 2nd (4th month after placing order) to get an update. I was told it would be completed mid-January. Mid-January came and went so I asked for another update today. Was told the leather JUST came in this week and the boots would be done by the end of this month.

I figured that covid + holidays + having Baker's source the leather would add some delay but 6 months seems excessive. Nothing to do but wait.
It's frustrating for sure. I waited about 8 months for my last pair.

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
It's frustrating for sure. I waited about 8 months for my last pair.

Welp, figured it was just me but I guess its just the nature of Wesco's production. As I said, having Baker's source the leather probably extended the timeline the most. My Hendriks with Wesco's navy leather finished within the 12-15 week timeline.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welp, figured it was just me but I guess its just the nature of Wesco's production. As I said, having Baker's source the leather probably extended the timeline the most. My Hendriks with Wesco's navy leather finished within the 12-15 week timeline.
What's the leather?

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
Would love to see those when they come in! What difference in build from the Mr Lou?

I'll definitely be posting them here.

Main differences are that the edging will be all black and, while I wanted to use the same sole as the Mr. Lou, I used a vibram #700 sole instead cause I figured waiting for the sole to arrive might delay the build (lol). Everything else should be the same.

Code:
Height: 10"
Toe: Single Celastic
Toe Pattern: Motorcycle Patrol Toe
Leather Color: Navy Horsehide
Lining: No Thanks
Sole: #700
Dye Soles and Heels: Black
Midsoles: Standard Midsoles
Heel Lifts: Standard
Top Strap Amount: One
Top Strap Length: Standard Length
Top Buckles: Nickle Ox Roller Buckles
Instep Straps: Buckled Instep Straps
Instep Straps - Length: Standard Length
Instep Buckles: Nickle Ox Roller Buckles
Thread Color Lightweight Upper Stitching: Black
Outsole Stitching: Black
Hell: Logger heel
Inserts: Random Color
Toe Caps: No Thanks
Size: 9E
Shaft: Cut to Mister Lou sizing
Triple stitching on uppers

mlwdp

Reaction score
STYLE BKCXL7710LL100F (Size: Form On File)
+9165 Last
+Single-Tone:Black Chromexcel
+10" Height
+Black Leather Lining
+#100F Vibram® Sole
+Dye Soles and Heels Brown
+Standard Heel Height
+One Top Strap (standard)
+Standard Length
+Nordic Brass Roller Top Buckles
+Buckled Instep Straps
+Standard Length Instep Strap
+Nordic Brass Roller Instep Buckles
+Lightweight Black Vintage Upper Stitching
+White Outsole Stitching
+Random Leather Insert

SPECIAL REQUESTS: Black Chromexcel
Triple vintage stitching
9165 last

im eddie

Reaction score
snagged a pair of "Mr Lou" special editions for a huge discount from their discountinued section, pair was marked as "worn for two hours".

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
snagged a pair of "Mr Lou" special editions for a huge discount from their discountinued section, pair was marked as "worn for two hours".

Nice! What're the makeup on those?

I managed to grab a pair of Mr. Lou in Maryam Tuscanello from Baker's ebay page a couple days ago. The ebay page had no info other than they're new. Should be here by Thursday. Between these and my pair of navy HH Mr. Lous that should arrive later this month, I'll probably end up selling a pair.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
Looking to sell these 9E Mr. Lou boots in Maryam Tuscanello Leather for $650 shipped US only. Beautiful boots but the leather is thin relative to the standard brown HH Mr. Lou.

1.jpeg 2.jpeg 3.jpeg 4.jpeg 5.jpeg 6.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads