• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wesc?!?!?!

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
I spoke to a friend that I have in Sweden and was asking him about the popularity of Nudies. He says the hype as died and that WESC has took their place as teh premier swedish brand. I did a search and came up blank. They have a 13+ oz Japanese Raw Selvege jean that looks sweet (IMO). And I see that they have a store in NY on Lafayette.

What's the consensus on this brand?

minya

Reaction score
endorsed by Jason Lee, Scientologist extraordinaire.

they're wholly middle-of-the-road safe Scandinavian streetwear. Think the Swedish version of Penguin, Adidas, etc.

beefcake

Reaction score
my oppinion in short: overpriced generic street fashion.

has some nice knitted stuff and cardigans, but sweats/tees are very generic and overpriced. unless you're willing to pay alot to do their f-ing advertising by wearing a huge logo.

WESC@Zoovillage: http://se.zoovillage.com/store/brand.asp?BrandID=128

Hawkeye

Reaction score
Originally Posted by minya
endorsed by Jason Lee, Scientologist extraordinaire.

I didn't know Jason Lee was a Scientologist.

Also, I was walking in my neighborhood the other day and this couple were walking toward me speaking some sort of scandinavian language I turned around and sure enough, a pair of beat up Nudies on the guy.

nomovement

Reaction score
oh man, jason lee's a scientologist. **** this. I'm leaving for the day.

edit: looked at the wesc stuff, fell asleep.

west coast wonderboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by beefcake
my oppinion in short: overpriced generic street fashion.

has some nice knitted stuff and cardigans, but sweats/tees are very generic and overpriced. unless you're willing to pay alot to do their f-ing advertising by wearing a huge logo.

WESC@Zoovillage: http://se.zoovillage.com/store/brand.asp?BrandID=128

the logo thing is the same with any other snowboard/skateboard company. the t's are really good quality I've found, I have a bunch from the last few years and they're by far the best fitting and most comfortable I own.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WESC = over-logoed, not particular nice quality, generic. If you like Scandanavian designers, go with Filippa K., and for something a little more "street", maybe Whyred and Dunderdon.

nemuu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
WESC = over-logoed, not particular nice quality, generic. If you like Scandanavian designers, go with Filippa K., and for something a little more "street", maybe Whyred and Dunderdon.
None of those brands are very comparable with WE other than being Swedish. And I like how you mention WE being bad quality, then mention Filippa K.

By the way, WE has killer knits and accessories.

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like WESC. I have one shirt with Arabic writing on it (says We Are the Superlative Conspiracy) and felt just like this guy.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nemuu
None of those brands are very comparable with WE other than being Swedish. And I like how you mention WE being bad quality, then mention Filippa K.

By the way, WE has killer knits and accessories.

I have some Filippa K stuff, and seen plenty of WESC (it is becoming quite popular here). I don't think that Filippa K stuff is terrifically well made, but ime, the construction details are better, and the designs are much better conceived and executed as well as being more original, imo.

I don't know much about WE accessories, but the knits are nothing to write home about, ime.

I do stand by my assertion that the stuff is overlogoed and the the designs are not particularly original. The latter is clearly an opinion, but the former is a fact - none of the other companies I mentioned are nearly as obtrusive.

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
1st of all mad props to the dude in the store for letting me in 1/2 hour after they already closed. I saw the raw jeans - didn't have time to look at anything else - and they are NOT BAD!!!!!!!!! Will have to give teh other stuff a look but I think you gotta see this stuff YOURSELF b4 judging it.

$200 maybe a tad over what i'd pay for them but they are very decent pair of denim. IMO.

nemuu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I have some Filippa K stuff, and seen plenty of WESC (it is becoming quite popular here). I don't think that Filippa K stuff is terrifically well made, but ime, the construction details are better, and the designs are much better conceived and executed as well as being more original, imo.

I don't know much about WE accessories, but the knits are nothing to write home about, ime.

I do stand by my assertion that the stuff is overlogoed and the the designs are not particularly original. The latter is clearly an opinion, but the former is a fact - none of the other companies I mentioned are nearly as obtrusive.

Still, you're comparing two completely different brands, with different designs, target group, history, profile etcetera. It's like comparing Versace to Brioni, but hey, they're both from the same country!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nemuu
Still, you're comparing two completely different brands, with different designs, target group, history, profile etcetera. It's like comparing Versace to Brioni, but hey, they're both from the same country!

You're right, they are completely different brands with completely different brand philosophies. I am simply saying that I think that one of the brands actually is of some worth, and the other one is not. Um, yes, they are both from Sweden, because I was pointing out some other Swedish brands that I think are of some interest. I could do the same for two brands from any country. Here, I'll do it for two American Brands. 5EP jeans are well made, have a cohesive design aesthetic, and are well worth the price paid. True Religion jeans go for (or started out going for) the same western aesthetic, but are coming out with increasingly ugly designs, with their products distinguished by increasingly garish pocket stitching and overbranding.

wild style

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoMak_NYC
1st of all mad props to the dude in the store for letting me in 1/2 hour after they already closed. I saw the raw jeans - didn't have time to look at anything else - and they are NOT BAD!!!!!!!!! Will have to give teh other stuff a look but I think you gotta see this stuff YOURSELF b4 judging it. $200 maybe a tad over what i'd pay for them but they are very decent pair of denim. IMO.
Yeah their raw selvage denim did seem nice, only thing I didn't like was the selvage showing on the coin pocket and back pockets. Didn't get a chance to try them on though. I usually don't like stitching on my back pockets, but the WE stitching was pretty cool.

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
Tried on the Raw Standards....... I kid you not I love them!!! Not sure how they'll 'wear' but the initial fit is dead on. Just need to find them below retail. Any help would be appreciated. PS: If you haven't tried on a pair - you should - trust me. Very likely my next pair of jeans.
wesc004.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads