• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Went to barney's yesterday

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
A lot of cool stuff out, nothing that I really love. To comment on some of the designers mentioned in some threads here are my thoughts:

Dries van Noten: Not feeling anything, don't like the textures and no piece caught my eye. Seemed gaudy with some leopard print jacket and shiny pants. Sorry Fok I know you like their stuff, still love ya though
blush.gif

Ann Demeluemesiterskreiriesla: Overpriced and doesn't seem very high quality. A couple nice things but nothing that was very impressive. Sorry not going into much detail.

Costume National: Some goodies I would wear, overall clean and stylish not bad.

The one thing I would walk away with though was a raf simmons pullover with a shawl type collar and duffle pin/loop at the neck if you decide to pop the collar. Fitted, would look great with dark jeans and black shoes, about 340.

Also, why are carpe diem boots over 1g?
crackup[1].gif
They were pretty cool though.

gusgusterson

Reaction score
I was also surprised by that Dries leopard print jacket. I am digging the Narciso Rodriguez men's line, though it totally doesn't work on me. I like those Yohji Yamamoto (Y-3?) tiger sneakers that are shaped like tigers and come in a cage.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I just wish they had a more extensive selection from each of the designers, no worries though as you can find most everything you need in LA.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
I was at Barney's also this past week.

I agree that the Raf Simons collection was the best overall, loved the shawl collar knit with the silver toggles. I also pulled out the leopard print track jacket from Dries, it had a presence amongst some boring product (Balenciaga, Dior, Prada). APC, which I love (have loved) was boring, plus the fit of the jackets were big, I'm not that skinny and the size small smothered me.

I was very suprised at the very poor production quality of the Cloak collection, plus being a designer who watches the competition and monitors who is getting the positive coverage in the industry I found the Cloak pieces to be very awkward and overdesigned.

The Guilded Age brand which I know nothing about is a price gouge in my mind, so.. it's made in Japan, at these prices buy RPM 45. The whiskering on the denim is weak!.

Nice Collective was nothing new to shout about, I've always respected this brand for setting itself apart, but it's now becoming boring!. I see that there also producing overseas in their Outerwear catergory (China).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads