1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Went to barneys today-balenciaga & marzotto lab

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by thc, Nov 23, 2002.

1. thc

thc Senior member

Went to Barneys today because I had a store credit to use up. I got to see the capsule collection by Nicolas Ghesquiere of Balenciaga. Yes, he has finally produced his promised mens line. Unfortunately, though, I was very unimpressed. Overpriced clothing that you could find at K-mart. I saw denim jackets, black wool sweaters, some white shirts, some okay pants....and that's about all I can remember. It was very underwhelming and unmemorable. Maybe I'm missing something? Has anyone else seen it?

On the contrary, I have found another favorite line--Marzotto Lab. For those of you who don't know, Marzotto is an old textile firm like Zegna that manufactures clothing for a lot of the leading labels. Now, they've started making their own clothing. Their stuff is great; really creative. They had nice leather jackets and some really nice tops and shirts. All of their stuff had nice feel to them and looked modern, clean, the way I like it. :)

2. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

I was at Barney's too today, lol. Did you get a free shave from the art of shaving; I did. The woman who shaved me was quite attractive and did a pretty good job. However, I don't think I'll be getting another one any time soon; my face is just too damn angular for a straight razor, though the alum block felt good afterwards. The woman use all art of shaving products: shaving cream, oil, badger brush, after shave lotion, and alum block. I was impressed by the shaving cream, having never used it before, sooner or later I need to pick up a jar.

3. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Senior member

it's very good stuff (the shaving cream).

4. Stone

Stone Senior member

Do you know if the Art of Shaving will still be doing a demo/the free shave thing on Monday? I'm going to be heading into NYC then.

5. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

Not on monday. They do it every saturday, till 5pm.

6. thc

thc Senior member

Oh, I didn't know that was free. Next time, I'll do it.

7. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

They not only make the stuff for the leading labels, they own them as well. They own Hugo Boss and have just bought earlier in the year (the loss making) Valentino and Gianfranco Ferre.