• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wellensteyn

george.white

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
Gary, are you still carrying Wellensteyn?

Does anyone know of any other current US retailers?

Wellensteyn is on Gilt right now.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Thanks, but I knew this. I've been looking into the brand for the last few days after seeing it on the sales calendar. As I stated in the Gilt affiliate thread, I'm disappointed with their sale.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, This season we have Beluga / Black and Kodiacs / Brown. Both are $405.00 w/ free shipping. I can get any of the coats that are available.
Originally Posted by ahjota
Gary, are you still carrying Wellensteyn? Does anyone know of any other current US retailers? EDIT: Just being lazy, fwiw.

gilwood

Reaction score
I just noticed this nice wellensteyn jacket. Does anyone own one of these jackets? Are they high quality? most importantly, are they actually warm?

1.jpg

Also the Berlin is pretty nice for the spring:

1.jpg

http://www.wellensteyn-usa.com/Winte...on-CID214.aspx

Edit: Smaller Picture.

Fiddy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gilwood
I just noticed this nice wellensteyn jacket. Does anyone own one of these jackets? Are they high quality? most importantly, are they actually warm?

Yes, yes, and yes. They are amazing jackets, I have the Siberia (actually, I just listed it on the marketplace as I'm living in a warmer climate now). Hands down, it's been the warmest jacket I've ever owned.

For a spring/summer jacket, both of the ones that you posted look nice. Personally, I would go for the SOHO Summer though:

http://www.wellensteyn-usa.com/SOHO-...529-SOO21.aspx

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the first one you posted, gilwood (the Genius?).

I remember reading somewhere that the Alpinieri will come in different colors for SS10. I'd be interested in this.

1.jpg

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice...
1.jpg

reminds me of that Ervell one
020508_goldLG.jpg

I wish they would add more detailed descriptions/pics, some of this stuff looks interesting but it's kinda hard to form and idea based on one photo.

Misha1981

Reaction score
I have the Cannonball and the Rescue Jacket. They are both great additions for my outerwear collection. They are rare among the people in MInneapolis, MN.

Ameriquest

Reaction score
There is a new Wellensteyn retail store in Wrentham MA and there will be another store opening this week in Aurora IL.

SneakIrwin

Reaction score
Wow, dusting off this thread! Any chance of a lead on the Rescue Jacket in golden-brown?

Yes, This season we have Beluga / Black and Kodiacs / Brown. Both are $405.00 w/ free shipping. I can get any of the coats that are available.
Gary, are you still carrying Wellensteyn? Does anyone know of any other current US retailers? EDIT: Just being lazy, fwiw.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Wow, dusting off this thread! Any chance of a lead on the Rescue Jacket in golden-brown?

Wellensteyn pulled retail distribution in 2013 and then opened outlet shops in the US that didn't last long. The only opportunities that I know of would be in Germany or surrounding countries. Great brand we wish it would re enter.

SneakIrwin

Reaction score
Wellensteyn pulled retail distribution in 2013 and then opened outlet shops in the US that didn't last long. The only opportunities that I know of would be in Germany or surrounding countries. Great brand we wish it would re enter.
That's so sad! I wonder if they need a marketing campaign or something? It's not like they have any problems in the style and quality departments. Thanks for the info!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads