• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Well, this has been just marvellous...

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I realise that I have not really browsed SF (nor made any non-sales relate posts) since May or June.

So, I have a list of stuff I need to ***** about
mad.gif

• Wife's car gets hit by some old woman driving across three lanes of traffic.

• Wife's car's maintenance costs increase enough where we need to replace it.

• My car has problems, turns out there is a good chance prior owner fscked it up.

• Wife's replacement car gets hit by some ID10T in a parking lot.

• My car has even more problems.

• Auto insurance company, health insurance company and hospital are fighting over who should pay the bill for the checkups she was given after her car was hit months ago. Want us to pay the damn bill that was supposed to be paid by the other person's insurance company (clerical error with amounts given by hospital, supposedly).

• Wife has more work problems, decide we'll take a hit in income to have her go back to school for something else.

• Get rid of my car for a different car.

• Wife decides we need a change; filed for divorce - still in shock.
I am getting the impression there is more on this shitlist but those are the highlights I can think of right away.

So, how have the last few months been for everyone else
musicboohoo[1].gif
?

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your troubles my friend

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+ 1. Hope things turn around.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Holy cow that's a tough few months. Hope things turn around for you.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hang in there, skalogre! Watch "ikiru" one more time, when you need some life affirmation.

Also, post on SF more. It seems to me that I post most when I'm most stressed, as it is often guaranteed to make me laugh at LEAST once while being an excellent, low-cost, non-destructive diversion from the real world.

Xanax and cognac are good ones, too, but they don't fall into "low cost" or "non-destructive."

Aside from that, the only other things I can recommend for really stressful times (and, trust me, I've seen them, too) is taking up or getting back into a sport, working out, taking a class (why not learn Basque?), etc.

If you are feeling REALLY down, just read some of Conne's threads or posts and realize your life could ALWAYS be lamer, gayer, and without even a HINT of female companionship under the age of 75.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
oh **** Stelios...so sorry to hear it man. Youre just gonna have to come hang out with me in Vietnam....

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
oh **** Stelios...so sorry to hear it man. Youre just gonna have to come hang out with me in Vietnam....

Geesh, m@t, the guy's not even one post into discussing his problems and you're already trying to insinuate your dong. Not cool, man, not cool...
lol8[1].gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Stel, good to see you back posting, but not under these circumstances. sorry to hear it man
frown.gif

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Something tells me that there would be a lot of short term fun, and a lot of long term issues.
this is my life
smile.gif

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow. Bummer.
PM me for "coping with divorce" tips.

And remember, better days are ahead.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads