• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Well, it looks like tie bars "back in style"

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always worn tie bars, personally I love them.

Lately, I've been seeing more and more people wearing them. I also noticed the new Paul Stuart catalog has a whole page devoted to tie bars.

So are tie bars back "in" or what? I guess we'll know for sure if we start to see a LV tie bar.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen them in GQ spreads for a little while now, so whatever that represents about their trendiness, they are "in style" to some degree.

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am wearing one at work right now. A vintage Swank model from the 1940s.

People always make a comment about my tie bar.

ibleedwhite

Reaction score
I'm looking for the thin rod type as evidenced by PG's looks

Droog

Reaction score
I always wear one, alway will.

mykel67

Reaction score
The last time I wore one was in the '80's when I was a teenager. I'm kinda looking forward to purchasing a few again (all of the ones I inherited from my dad were stolen in a burglary a few years ago- grrrrr...).

MORNINGSTAR777

Reaction score
I have a small vintage one I wear for when I wear 2" skinny vintage ties and a studed one from (GASP) Kenneth Cole.
pKCP-4695055v275.jpg

Not very conservative, but I don't work in a very conservative enviroment.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently got 2 tie bars from my grandfather. One is plain 18k gold and the other is 18k gold with a piece of jade in the centre. I havn't had the chance to wear either. Ill probily get somehting a bit less loud.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been meaning to pick up a couple, but do not think I need to be spending more than $15 for each. Anyone know of a place to get decent quality ones at a decent price aside from a general google search?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by abrocketsfan
I had purchased one which would occasionally slip off; amazingly enough , I, or someone who knew me, would always spot it on the floor when this happened. That is, until about a month ago
frown.gif

In the market again....

I had one to slip off while walking on a side walk. I heard it fall, but didn't realize it was my tie clip until I got to my destination. Unfortunately, I didn't find it on my return walk. I've since replaced it, and wear it almost daily.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads