• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Well, I am a geek therefore another thread:

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Err, maybe I should be ashamed of this but I don't really care. I know some people here (hint hint) want to see such a thread so here goes:

Science fiction. Clothing. Best.

P.s. please do not make this a thread for leotard fetishes please
biggrin.gif

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Huh?

LOL

Let me change it a bit. Best/most intriguing clothing within the sci-fi realm., I guess that would include TV and film. Uhm, I have no idea frankly, I cannot think of anything interesting.

Wait, I take that back.

Bladerunner had some interesting juxtapositions of 1980's contemporary wear with the 1950's film noir atmosphere and clothing.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
200px-Brazil_01.jpg
brazil40.jpg
brazil44.jpg
brazil38.jpg
Brazil was sort of interesting as far as costuming went. Period suits, futuristic armor/loincloth/bird wing assemblies, and what can only be the precursor to paramilitary grunge. As far as shows go, last time this thread was done (it's been a while) someone suggested Firefly. Having since seen it (and Serenity) I would have to agree, the costuming is exceptional.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, never knew there was such a thread. Brazil...good point. I still need to cough up the $50 (I think) to get the Criterion edition.

Edit:
I am not that familiar with Firefly... I think a friend of mine may have had me watch an episode though.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait, how could I forget Red Dwarf? How can you go wrong with The Cat's outfits
biggrin.gif

rdc0109-dvd.jpg

and this one (aka Trads in Space)

rdc0110b.jpg

Definitely the most entertaining costumes in film though. Almost every scene a different James Brown-like outfit.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ah yes... Red Dwarf. I think I wasted a year or two of my HS life watching the entirety of the show up until that point... six seasons or something, plus all the Smeg Ups and stuff.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by designprofessor
Blade Runner, Barbarella.

Hmm, I have yet to see Barbarella. Must see that at some point.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Barbarella, good call... another movie sort of in the same vein is CQ, but more of an homage I guess.
2002_cq_013.jpg

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Barbarella, good call... another movie sort of in the same vein is CQ, but more of an homage I guess.

2002_cq_013.jpg

CQ?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A lot of sci-fi concerns the military who are usually uniformed. I like the post-independence Babylon 5 outfits.
uniform.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads