• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Well, I am a geek therefore another thread:

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Err, maybe I should be ashamed of this but I don't really care. I know some people here (hint hint) want to see such a thread so here goes:

Science fiction. Clothing. Best.

P.s. please do not make this a thread for leotard fetishes please

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Huh?

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Huh?

LOL

Let me change it a bit. Best/most intriguing clothing within the sci-fi realm., I guess that would include TV and film. Uhm, I have no idea frankly, I cannot think of anything interesting.

Wait, I take that back.

Bladerunner had some interesting juxtapositions of 1980's contemporary wear with the 1950's film noir atmosphere and clothing.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Reaction score
Brazil was sort of interesting as far as costuming went. Period suits, futuristic armor/loincloth/bird wing assemblies, and what can only be the precursor to paramilitary grunge. As far as shows go, last time this thread was done (it's been a while) someone suggested Firefly. Having since seen it (and Serenity) I would have to agree, the costuming is exceptional.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, never knew there was such a thread. Brazil...good point. I still need to cough up the $50 (I think) to get the Criterion edition.

Edit:
I am not that familiar with Firefly... I think a friend of mine may have had me watch an episode though.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait, how could I forget Red Dwarf? How can you go wrong with The Cat's outfits

and this one (aka Trads in Space)

Definitely the most entertaining costumes in film though. Almost every scene a different James Brown-like outfit.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Reaction score
Ah yes... Red Dwarf. I think I wasted a year or two of my HS life watching the entirety of the show up until that point... six seasons or something, plus all the Smeg Ups and stuff.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by designprofessor
Blade Runner, Barbarella.

Hmm, I have yet to see Barbarella. Must see that at some point.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Reaction score
Barbarella, good call... another movie sort of in the same vein is CQ, but more of an homage I guess.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Barbarella, good call... another movie sort of in the same vein is CQ, but more of an homage I guess.

CQ?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Reaction score

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A lot of sci-fi concerns the military who are usually uniformed. I like the post-independence Babylon 5 outfits.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.