1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Weird song

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by gregory, Oct 19, 2004.

1. gregory

gregory Senior member

Has anyone heard of this song "I am a very stylish girl". I thought it was ridiculous and funny at the same time.... [​IMG]

2. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Senior member

i believe that was recorded by somebody like dimitri from paris...released several years ago. kinda cute. it was also used in some tv commercial(s) i think.

i don't know if there's a context for the sample - it might be a line from a movie?

/andrew

ps - if you like the sound, pizzicato five is similar, although perhaps less sample-ridden.

3. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Very good. I must say I'm amazed... I forget who that was, Dmitri from Paris is certainly a possibility. It sounds like lines from Breakfast at Tiffanys, but I don't think that's right.

If you like it, there's a million cookie cutter "chillout" cds that have similar stuff on them, but there's some diamonds in that rough. I almost always like ESL Music stuff, and there's some great "DJ Kicks" cds out there, the Erlend Oye is very accessible. Then again, I'm not the right source for a primer on the genre. Not that gregory asked for one.

4. faustian bargain

i looked it up - it is indeed Dimitri From Paris, the album is called 'Sacrebleu', released in 1996. it was used in the Volvo S80 ads.

5. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

can someone post a link to hear the song? i'm curious.

6. faustian bargain

here it is on amazon. just scroll down and find the track called 'une very stylish fille', i think that's the one.

7. gregory

gregory Senior member

LOL....

8. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Senior member

Those lines are indeed from Breakfast at Tiffany's, however, it is not Audrey Hepburn. Though that is George Peppard.

Dan