• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Weird B&S experiences

Contingency Plan

Reaction score
Almost wish I did have some nightmareish tale to share: my dozens of transactions have gone smooth as silk - thanks guys
fing02[1].gif

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
This isn't B&S, but I did get this PM from someone: and also one asking me about college advice for a geology major.
You studied geology?

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not even slightly.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
2007_300_062.jpg

1.) you stole my old sig with the faces
2.) why don't you post in CE anymore?

Also, am I really the only one who has these fucked up selling experiences
puzzled.gif

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got reverse haggled, offered to sell for less, buyer offered more, everything went better than expected.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what kind of marsupialed buyer was that?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eglbc
I got reverse haggled, offered to sell for less, buyer offered more, everything went better than expected.
Lurkers need to be more like that, to anyone reading feel free to send higher offers my way

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mharwitt
1.) you stole my old sig with the faces 2.) why don't you post in CE anymore? Also, am I really the only one who has these fucked up selling experiences
puzzled.gif

I did indeed steal your face it adds a nice touch to my sig ad I was waiting for the hype over TSA touchings to end--or alternatively, to post any experiences I will have with them in a few weeks. The christmas tree bomber thread was a real disappointment in terms of lacking
deadhorse-a.gif

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always seem to get buyers who send a million PMs asking for every single measurement and photo and tiny detail (and will send like 5 reminders if I don't respond immediately), then as soon as we agree on a price they suddenly ******* dissappear.
ffffuuuu.gif

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dtmt
I always seem to get buyers who send a million PMs asking for every single measurement and photo and tiny detail (and will send like 5 reminders if I don't respond immediately), then as soon as we agree on a price they suddenly ******* dissappear.
ffffuuuu.gif

Everybody gets that. I always like when I post "selling cos' this doesn't fit me" and I get a PM asking me to throw it on for fit pics. um..

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by about11oclock
Everybody gets that. I always like when I post "selling cos' this doesn't fit me" and I get a PM asking me to throw it on for fit pics. um..

laugh.gif

i love that one.

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone asked me for "fit pics" of shoes once (he wanted to see my feet inside the shoes, I guess?). I thought it was kind of creepy and ignored it.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nerdykarim
Someone asked me for "fit pics" of shoes once (he wanted to see my feet inside the shoes, I guess?). I thought it was kind of creepy and ignored it.

thats totally normal..

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
selling clothing forces me to interact with buyers who act like women...faking and ****. Annoying as **** to deal with.

lol @ nerdykarim

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads