• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

weird approach outside the Apple store...

ekaJ

Reaction score
Any guesses as to what this might be? Me and 3 friends were standing outside the Apple store in NYC when a woman in her mid 20's (we're 19-22) comments on my friend's jeans (they were plain). Then she brings up things like football and the subway. My friend with the jeans is shy so she turned her attention to another friend. She points out the building behind the apple store and says she works there.. blah blah. She asks my friend for his number, a week later, today, he's walking out in a suit to meet her somewhere.
The whole thing from the beginning was weird, it felt like she was giving a powerpoint presentation when talking to us. I'm thinking she was doing some guerrilla-style market research, that, or she's a scientologist.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Maybe she's just a Mac person? They are sort of weird.
smile.gif

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Um, you and your friends know about sex, right?
That a woman is sometimes involved.
And stuff like that.

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should have asked her if she was interested in a gangbang.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Milhouse
Should have asked her if she was interested in a gangbang.

And videotaping for documentation purposes!

IrishDan

Reaction score
What kind of jeans were they? I might have to buy a pair.
fing02[1].gif

yerfdog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The other day at a gas station in a semi-dingy area of LA, I was approached by a young woman who looked like the stereotype of the spoiled persian girl - lots of makeup, a little pudgy, stylish clothes. She asked me something about could I help her out, because she was supposed to get her paycheck today, she had to go somewhere, blah blah blah.

I refused to help her, but I was mystified because she totally didn't fit the profile of someone who would do the gas station begging thing. As we left the gas station my wife pointed out a pretty, also stylishly dressed, hispanic girl who was doing the same thing.

The only explanation I could think of was they were doing some project for their Psych 101 class or something.
laugh.gif

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ekaJ
Any guesses as to what this might be? Me and 3 friends were standing outside the Apple store in NYC when a woman in her mid 20's (we're 19-22) comments on my friend's jeans (they were plain). Then she brings up things like football and the subway. My friend with the jeans is shy so she turned her attention to another friend. She points out the building behind the apple store and says she works there.. blah blah. She asks my friend for his number, a week later, today, he's walking out in a suit to meet her somewhere.
The whole thing from the beginning was weird, it felt like she was giving a powerpoint presentation when talking to us. I'm thinking she was doing some guerrilla-style market research, that, or she's a scientologist.

She'll probably end up taking him on a date to an Amway meeting or something.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I hope he doesn't wake up in a bathtub full of ice with a kidney missing.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins

+1

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins

Originally Posted by zippyh
I hope he doesn't wake up in a bathtub full of ice with a kidney missing.

I think I'd give up a kidney to avoid an Amway meeting.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's quite possibly a regular pickup, and also quite possibly a Pyramid marketing lead-in.

I would give 50/50 odds on each.

I am totally serious.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads