• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Weight Loss Progress

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
^i have been doing:

4 mins barbell

4 mins band

4 mins dumbell

is brutal

Sounds tough! Be careful with tabatas using weights. As you get tired, your form can deteriorate and you can injure yourself. I like bodyweight tabatas for that reason.

Lowndes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BP348
Congrats on the weight loss. can I ask what you have been doing to loose the weight? I'm in almost the exact boat you were. I'm at about 245lbs and want to get down around 200lbs.
Sure for workouts I have been following the Body for Life plan. It seems to work well for me. Basically my workouts consist of HIIT Cardio for 20 minutes a day 2x a week. I also walk home from school which is about 6 miles and do that 5 days a week. Weights I lift 3 times a week. 2x for upper body and 1x for lower body. These workouts are usually about 40 minutes long. Food is what I feel is the most important. The key is to just stick with it until you really change your eating habits. Eventually the grilled chicken breast will look better to you than the fried chicken. However, I do allow myself a couple of "cheat" meals a week. I would never be successful in the long term if I deprived myself of all the foods I enjoy. And again a lot of the recipes I use and general eating philosophy came from the Eating for Life book. Finally, I think it is important to set short, medium, and long term goals. This really helps to see your progress and keeps you motivated. Best of luck and let me know if you want anymore information.

Lowndes

Reaction score
Just wanted to update my thread with my photos through the end of May. I'm down to about 175 lbs. and around 12% body fat. Not quite to my goal yet but hopefully will be there in the next 6 weeks or so. After that I hope to add about 10 or 15 pounds of muscle back and stay around 175 or 180 lbs. with 10% body fat.

Pretty pleased with my results overall though. Down about 70 pounds since last August.

Lowndes

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments.

No, I really don't know what I can do about the loose skin other than time and add some muscle. Hopefully, that will help fix the problem. Do you have any suggestions?

If it doesn't go away with time, I'll just have to take it as a lasting punishment for treating my body like **** for the last 10 years.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lowndes
No, I really don't know what I can do about the loose skin other than time and add some muscle. Hopefully, that will help fix the problem. Do you have any suggestions?

If it doesn't go away with time, I'll just have to take it as a lasting punishment for treating my body like **** for the last 10 years.

I don't personally have any suggestions, but I know it's a pretty common thing with people who lose a lot of weight quickly, so I'm sure there are sites with some good info.

Lowndes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I don't personally have any suggestions, but I know it's a pretty common thing with people who lose a lot of weight quickly, so I'm sure there are sites with some good info.

Yes, that is where I got the time thing from. That seems to be the only realistic suggestion. It can take up to a year or two for your skin to recover if you lose weight quickly (or so I've read).

I'm fairly young so as long as I keep working out and being healthy hopefully it will tighten up.

jiratic

Reaction score
Changed diet to a high protein /low carb diet, with 5 meals of aorund 300 calories a day, and 2 'cheat' meals a week.
First week lost 3kg's, stabilised to about 1kg a week now,
26 days in, lost about 6-6.5 kg's

derekzee

Reaction score
165 at 6'2 is a little too much imo depending on your build.

digitone

Reaction score
I applaud you! Good job. I'm trying to get myself back into shape, but found with age...it just isn't as easy. You've just given me a boost in inspiration. Hehe. Back to HIIT for me. Keep it up!

arsenic

Reaction score
Excellent progress! I wish you continued success.

tsaltzma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by digitone
I applaud you! Good job. I'm trying to get myself back into shape, but found with age...it just isn't as easy. You've just given me a boost in inspiration. Hehe. Back to HIIT for me. Keep it up!

I agree with this. After I hit about 35 it started getting harder to lose weight. Some of the things that have helped me are -

No empty calories - candy, pop, dessert, etc.. cheat every once in awhile, but not often

No late night eating - I find it is much easier to lose weight/keep it off if you stop eating 4-5 hours before bedtime

Lots and lots of water

Get enough sleep

Vary exercise - don't do the same thing over and over. Change challenges your body.

Fiber & nutrients/vitamins - in other words, eat mostly healthy food.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads