• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Weight lifting at night

csfbguy

Reaction score
Fellas,

I usually work out around 10 each night, and I've always heard that you want to eat something with protein in it immediately after you're done working out...The thing is that I usually go to bed around 11, and I don't want to eat something heavy that won't sit well when I am trying to go to sleep. Any other suggestions??

Thanks.

SwaG

Reaction score
A shake is what i take if i workout at night.

you should not eat too much after a workout at night. Try to avoid bread, rice and the like after your workout, it will settle in your gut while you sleep. If you insist on having a meal, try a grilled chicken salad or canned tuna with your salad.

marc37

Reaction score
A bowl of crushed fermented sesame seed sprouts with a splash of alfalfa juice mixed in. lt will provide an abundance of protein with the added saftey of an akalizing protein.
biggrin.gif

regularjoe

Reaction score
A bowl of crushed fermented sesame seed sprouts with a splash of alfalfa juice mixed in. lt will provide an abundance of protein with the added saftey of an akalizing protein.
biggrin.gif
And then you too can look like a 50 year old woman who's really 90.
wink.gif

F4iryder14

Reaction score
csfbguy, I've seen your post up for a while but haven't had the chance to respond. Â Postworkout is one of the most critical times for your body because it just got worked very hard and is ready to soak up whatever you will give it. Â The recommended postworkout regimen is as follows: 1. Â Take something with 40-50 grams of simple carbs. Â Your body needs SIMPLE carbs at this point because it is trying to recover the glycogen (muscle energy stores) that were lost during exercise. Â If you take creatine that already has sugar mixed into it (fruit punch flavor, orange, etc.) then you should get what you need. Â If not take a glass of gatorade, because it contains glucose, which is the best simple sugar you can get. Â If sprouts or alfalfa or the grass in your front yard contains glucose, then you could try that too... Â
biggrin.gif
2. Â Take 30-50 grams of protein, and the easiest way to get that is with a protein shake. Â Forget what marc37 says about the dangers or protein shakes infecting the blood or whatever stuff he spouts (sprouts?) off about. Â I have been taking those things for 4 years and my blood test last fall came back perfect. Do those 2 things, and about an hour after that you should have some solid food unless you are planning to head to bed. Â Even then a chicken breast is very light and will help to give you the solid food you need after your body has soaked up the liquid recovery stuff you just gave it (and liquids are the fastest way your body absorbs stuff, hence the reason I recommend it). Kevin

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Maybe you could have a small glass of wine after your post-workout meal..? It'll settle your stomach and help you go to sleep. I always feel great in the morning after a late-night workout the night before, so you're on the right track.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads