• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Weekender Duffle Bag at $100

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions for a weekender duffle bag at around $100? I've seen a few I like including one from J Crew but that is over $150.

Chris Waffles

Reaction score
I'd wait for a J Crew sale or just check out eBay for bags by Filson or Duluth Pack or the like.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm leaning towards this bag. Great suggestions btw! Thanks

http://shop.herschelsupply.com/shop/ravine.html

What are y'alls thoughts?

Herschel doesn't have good quality reviews.

Save up for a Filson (small one is 225 - discount) or go to Target and pick up a functional bag for $40.

Sometimes you may be able to find a Brics bag for around your price range. Not worth it though IMO.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Costanza

Reaction score
The tan one has fussy girly details on it and costs twice as much. Better materials though... the cheap on doesn't specify so expect the worst.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The tan one has fussy girly details on it and costs twice as much. Better materials though... the cheap on doesn't specify so expect the worst.

fussy girly details?

care to expand on what is fussy and girly?

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Costanza

Reaction score

fussy girly details?

care to expand on what is fussy and girly?

OK:
All the chrome bling on it, especially the non-functional ones like the studs. You got bullion in there?
The rectangular doo-hickey, apparently also shiney, that hangs from the leather clothesline suspended from the two lether handle extensions. A graphic exercise.
Precious leather dongle.

I also agree with Dieselman about the color, when combined with the above.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads