Weekend Jobs

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MJC8719x, May 29, 2009.

1. MJC8719x

MJC8719x Senior member

What would be some good jobs that would allow me to just work on the weekends? I have a job at a lab which is full time during the week but am interested in earning more and have the weekends free.

I know there's bartending, but I do not have any experience/classes.

There's also working at a restaurant, but I have no experience there either which may make it difficult to get a job. I also thought about looking at retail stores but have no idea whether they are willing to just hire people for Saturday and Sunday shifts.

Thanks for any help.

2. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

Most people don't want to work weekends, so you should be able to find work at most retail places if you can beat all the high school kids fighting for part-time summer work now that its summer.

If nothing else, you could donate plasma saturday/sunday and make 35-40 bucks in a couple hours.

3. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

What would be some good jobs that would allow me to just work on the weekends? I have a job at a lab which is full time during the week but am interested in earning more and have the weekends free.

There's also working at a restaurant, but I have no experience there either which may make it difficult to get a job. I also thought about looking at retail stores but have no idea whether they are willing to just hire people for Saturday and Sunday shifts.

Thanks for any help.

You have to try first. Back when I worked at target they had a few kids who worked exclusively on the weekends.

4. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Waiting tables (or bussing/dish work)
    Hotel work (more people check in/out on weekends and they're generally more busy)
    Refereeing youth sports (check local rec centers as most their games are on saturdays)
    carpentry/painting/landscaping
    delivery jobs (especially on saturdays/sundays during football season when everyone orders pizza/wings)

5. justinpba

justinpba Well-Known Member

This might be totally out of the question for you, but you could join the reserves...

6. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

This might be totally out of the question for you, but you could join the reserves...

and go to Iraq?! I don't think he's looking for that type of civil service as he's only interested in weekend work.

7. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Referee sports. A lot of the leagues will pay well. I umpire youth baseball and get paid pretty well for a few months of the year. I'm going to start refereeing rugby and that pays very nicely for one wekend of work.

8. eqpablon

eqpablon Senior member

and go to Iraq?! I don't think he's looking for that type of civil service as he's only interested in weekend work.

Pussies :p

I second the nomination for joining one of the many reserve components of our nations military. All in favor say aye, all opposed say nay.

9. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

Thanks for any help.

What ever you do it should be mind numbing. Movie theater attendant. Something that allows you to put both jobs into perspective.

10. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Baylor nurse. Work two 16 hour shifts, I pay you for 40 hours. It's a great deal.

11. turboman808

turboman808 Senior member

Bartending would be my number one choice. Money is really good if you find the right place. Worked at the Sound Factory back in the 90s and made over a grand each weekend. Don't expect that kind of money now though. Clubs and bar are different. But you can make 200-300 a night still.

Next would be a waiter at a high class restaurant. Alot more work but still really good money.

After that I would just try to get over time at work and skip the weekend job.

Finally you can cut how much you spend.

12. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

^ yeah but he was saying he had no experience when it came to bartending and he'd most likely have to start of as a bar back. This guy is a scientist, so he's probably weak and scrawny.

13. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

14. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

Because barbacks need to be huge and burly......

Not huge, but the bar backs I always see are ususally carrying kegs, case-trays of beers and all sorts of crap manual labor.

15. buyer's remorse

buyer's remorse Well-Known Member

i love how you automatically assume he's weak and scrawny because he's a scientist. if you really want to rock your world, you should go see x-men because that big burly blue guy is a scientist if you can believe that!