• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

weekend-in-Phoenix damage....$$

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm finally gettin around to posting the things i bought during my weekend in phoenix/ scottsdale. really great place to go when the weather is still mild, yet you can still get a tan by the hotel pool!!

here are some of the highlights of what i purchased there:

1. For the pink shirt recently purchased from virtualclotheshorse.com, a blue striped Stefano Ricci tie, and a Charvet tie that might better suit a cream colored shirt instead of the pink (one to be worn with a navy suit, one to be worn with a grey suit)

2. One of the BEST stores now in Phoenix is Urban Outfitters, brand new store next to the mall. mostly t-shirts, jackets, and belts for guys. Beat up brown leather belt, red t-shirt (didn't photograph that one).

3. One of the coolest stores in Phoenix has gotta be Hub, lots of denim and t-shirts. Purchased: one scandalous t-shirt ("as seen on Al JAzeera"), beatup olive jacket by Diesel.

4. Strangely, found a neat t-shirt at Nordstrom, looks like a huge skull screened with symbols on a faded out shirt. Also purchased new navy blue Trafalgar braces, with dark brown leather tabs (to be worn with the RLPL Mackays!)

5. At the Apple store in the mall across from the hotel, got a really cool 2-speaker-in-padded-zippered-case for the ipod, looks like it will be great for travel.

6. 2 pairs of cargo pants from Banana Republic, cool but not really worth photographing.

I think that was about it!

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ranchsooner
Foxx,

Did you make it to my favorite store, NM Last Call?

Yeah, a little insane but can be worth it. Did you go there?

ranchsooner

Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
Yeah, a little insane but can be worth it. Did you go there?

Skalogre,

Are you thinking Nordstroms Last Chance? Now that store is not a little insane, it is a LOT insane.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Skalogre,

Are you thinking Nordstroms Last Chance? Now that store is not a little insane, it is a LOT insane.

Yes, that's the one! You're right. Completely insane - I have found some decent things though, including my AE Park Avenues and Faconnable italian suede chukkas there for 30-something each.

ranchsooner

Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
Yes, that's the one! You're right. Completely insane - I have found some decent things though, including my AE Park Avenues and Faconnable italian suede chukkas there for 30-something each.

You can't go in there by yourself for fear of being trampled and never heard from again. I managed to escape from there 2 weeks ago with a Gold Trumpeter suit for $40 though. The scarey thing though is that when I was trying it on, I had some stranger with a peculiar odor standing outside the curtain asking me if I was going to buy the suit and if not, could I pass it through the curtain to him.
lookaround.gif

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can't go in there by yourself for fear of being trampled and never heard from again. I managed to escape from there 2 weeks ago with a Gold Trumpeter suit for $40 though. The scarey thing though is that when I was trying it on, I had some stranger with a peculiar odor standing outside the curtain asking me if I was going to buy the suit and if not, could I pass it through the curtain to him.
lookaround.gif

LMAO! That is a good story.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
strangely, i never seem to make it to the neiman's last call in tempe, as i'm whizzing thru there to get to phoenix. ONE of these days, when i'm travelling along maybe i'll check it out!

what do you think of of the ties, by the way?

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Great ties Foxx, I especially like the Charvet. Looks like you had a successful visit. Enjoy!

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Charvet is lovely. Is that shirt from VCH the pink Borrelli?

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yep-- I bought the shirt not long after it popped up, from virtualclotheshorse.com, exactly my sleeve length!! a really great shirt with a trim fit.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
yep-- I bought the shirt not long after it popped up, from virtualclotheshorse.com, exactly my sleeve length!! a really great shirt with a trim fit.
Nice call. I almost picked it up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics