• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Weekend in Montreal

HotlantaHoward

Reaction score
Will be in center of town (W hotel) with a ladyfriend.

Recs for restaurants? Nothing so fancy that reservations are impossible as I am going on short notice.

Things to do in winter?

Thanks.

MeHateyou

Reaction score
Well , Montreal is relatively a good city. I fly there for business purposes every year
Restaurants are decent in downtown , you could try on Sherbrooke Street , there's plenty a good places.
If you and your partner love asians restaurant... The Chinatown is a couple of streets away . Otherwise , just take the subway and head to Le Plateau , over there you will have plenty of things to do .
What can you do over there?
Well you can talk a walk at the old port , although it's pretty freakin' cold in the city ,especially at this moment of the year , but the view is still hella worth it . Thus, if you have energy you guys can enjoy skating on the ice rink that the city has installed for the winter .
You can also go shopping around, Montreal is known to have good designers in the city and downtown is probably the best place to start diggin' up .
As for night life, it's pretty dope . Just stay downtown and there's enough lounges and clubs to fit everyone's tastes. You can meet cool people , it seems like the city is very friendly to the tourists.

PS : If you're an open smoker...
Weed in Montreal is one of the best I have ever smoked,it's everywhere .

-T

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You try the "search styleforum.net" option above where it says "search styleforum.net?" Some good stuf in there...

Canadian

Reaction score
I stayed at the Omni for a week last year. Hotel resto sucked and drinks were astronomical. That said, Time Supper Club was good two years ago. And nothing beats Old Montreal at 11AM for crepes in St. Jacques square. The apple juice vendor was very understanding that I was hung over.

CK

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have to try Schwartz's Deli. they serve smoked meat and I think its the best anywhere in the world.

medwards

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Toque' (my pick for the best restaurant in Montreal), Europea (one of my favorites, but have heard of some inconsistencies of late..when the service is on, it can be a very special place with lots of special extras) , L'Express (a lively bistro...you can pretend you're in Paris or relish the fact you are in Montreal).

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Verso
Au Pied de Cochon

+1

Duck in a can.

inlove.gif

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Au Pied de Cochon is awesome but it will likely be booked solid on short notice. The downtown culinary scene is pretty crappy. Most of the good restaurants are on the Plateau or in the Mile End.

Other recs that will probably have space:

Les Infideles
Lemeac
Toque

sjg22

Reaction score
Joe Beef is excellent. My rec would be the Lobster Spaghetti there. Short cab ride from the W. Low key place, small but you should be able to get in. Prices are fairly $$$, but nothing absurd. Only annoying feature: they don't give you a physical menu. You have to read it on a single large blackboard on side of the restaurant when you come in, so you end up awkwardly standing over someone's table trying to figure out what you want for dinner. Worth it though!

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sjg22
Joe Beef is excellent. My rec would be the Lobster Spaghetti there. Short cab ride from the W. Low key place, small but you should be able to get in. Prices are fairly $$$, but nothing absurd. Only annoying feature: they don't give you a physical menu. You have to read it on a single large blackboard on side of the restaurant when you come in, so you end up awkwardly standing over someone's table trying to figure out what you want for dinner. Worth it though!

I'm not a fan of Joe Beef just because I think there's hundreds of better quality/price ratio options around the city. But it is close to the W, like walking distance close.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lord-Barrington
Au Pied de Cochon is awesome but it will likely be booked solid on short notice. The downtown culinary scene is pretty crappy. Most of the good restaurants are on the Plateau or in the Mile End.

Other recs that will probably have space:

Les Infideles
Lemeac
Toque

Agreed. You pretty much have to leave downtown to find anything. The Plateau is great. I forget the name of an Italian place that I went to there, but it was some of the best I have ever eaten. I pretty much lived at the Hyatt for a few months most of the good places to eat where not in walking distance from it.

sjg22

Reaction score
I've stayed at the Hyatt a few times. VERY strange hotel design... It takes multiple elevators to get anywhere.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As much as I like Montreal I must say that our big hotels suck. The Hyatt is pretty terrible, the Marriott sucks, the Ritz is nice but way too expensive and the Queen E, although stately, is pretty stale.

Good boutique options though.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lord-Barrington
As much as I like Montreal I must say that our big hotels suck. The Hyatt is pretty terrible, the Marriott sucks, the Ritz is nice but way too expensive and the Queen E, although stately, is pretty stale.

Good boutique options though.

I liked the Hyatt. For the amout that I ( aka the government) was paying it was pretty nice. It does have an odd design. One elevator to get to the lobby, then several to get to your room haha.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics