• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Weekend in Miami

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I and three friends will be spending a weekend in Miami in mid August. Some ideas on where to stay (cheap, nice location) and places to go (nice clubs, chill bars, interesting restaurants) will be very helpful.

We're not really into the high rolling bollinger table club scene, but some spots where nicer dress is the norm will be cool as well as laid back but trendy bars/clubs will be cool as well. Music wise: hip-hop and alternative music are fine. latin themed spots are welcome too.

Restaurant wise we're definately interested in eating good food (whichever type tho I'm not a huge fan of mexican) but not pricey. So I guess budget per person would be $30 prob including a bottle of wine (cheapest on menu hah).

Even if you're ideas are a bit out of my criteria, lay em on me. I'll narrow them down myself. Also, links to websites discussing the MIami scene (magazine, blog etc.) will be nice too.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As far as more upscale clubs go, the 5th is a good bet, the music styles range a bit, so it's a mix of house, hip-hop and Latin music. http://www.thefifth.com

On SoBe, you can always walk the "˜strip' and see what fits your tastes. Mid-August is really hot though, so I would advise dressing accordingly. Regarding food, it depends what you like. Anything in particular you are looking for? Are you doing any shopping?

Jon.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're shopping, try and hop a cab up to Worth Avenue in Palm Beach. It's a glorious place.

As for things to do in the city itself, try and narrow it down a bit. As a former Miami resident I can attest that there is more than enough to do there.

JB

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
South Beach is one of the gayest places in America. Just warning you.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Miami's great. It may be the capital of the Third World, but it's also awesomely diverse. If you know a little bit of espanol, you should have a great time. SoBe's pretty damn expensive, but worth a night out. Be aware that people dress in a different style down there. Not Miam Vice, but definitely more casual, in a dressy way. I'm not making sense, so I'll go back to my beer and Flight of the Conchords

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I dont really plan on doing any shopping, but if I dont have a pair of white jeans (!) or pants I'd like to pick up a pair there. Actually some interesting stores or shooping areas/districs would be awesome.

I'm not really sure how to narrow down my interests. I dont think any of us want to break the bank (we all just graduated in the past year, though we work); so we definately don't want a place where we'd each walk away with $200 tabs (or much more). Simple bars and clubs and restaurants though with pretty people.

******* naming and describing places worth checking out will be a big help. Then I'll decide what may work for us.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
THanks for the suggestions. Have any ideas on neighborhoods and hotels worth checking out? What can I find at said neighborhoods?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads