1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Weekend in Boston - Food & Shopping Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by plei89, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

I can't say this enough, but duozo is bullshit.

2. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

I looked at some pics on Yelp and notice they use fake wasabi. Not a good sign!

I think I'll avoid the sushi scene (or lack thereof) and do more French or Italian. Plus, I don't know how much I feel like walking 20 minutes to a sushi joint when there are high-end French restaurants about 5 minutes away. It's COLD out there.

3. erictheobscure

erictheobscure Senior member

:nodding:

My food there (admittedly, it was lunch, but still) was quite bad.

4. CTJoyce

CTJoyce Member

Oishii is easily the best sushi I have had in Boston. I have now had every specialty maki and sushi on their menu and can tell you they are all worth it, though some of them aren't the most imaginative things in the world. "The" Maki and the Kobe beef and pear maki are my two favorite rolls with the foie gras with truffle being my favorite specialty sushi. I personally haven't had any of the entrees from the kitchen, however I have had a few of the cooked appetizers (usually specials that night) and liked what I had. That being said from what others have told me the cooked entrees don't seem to match up price for quality.

5. 1969

1969 Senior member

Headed there next week. Resurrecting this thread primarily to ask about The Daily Catch....head good things from someone I don't always trust....what say you SF?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  6. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

If its in the north end it most likely sucks.