1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Weddings: First dance song?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Jenaimarr, May 14, 2008.

1. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

I have always day dreamed about having a live band to perform the song Lady In Red but with the word white in place of red. I do feel that it might be improper to change the lyrics without the permission of the artist who wrote the song so maybe I should start now in trying to contact them.

Why would it be improper to change the lyrics without permission of the artist?

2. Joseph K. Bank

Joseph K. Bank Senior member

Why would it be improper to change the lyrics without permission of the artist?

I feel that out of respect for the artist's personal vision permission should be asked before making changes to their lyrics as it could change the meaning which they intended.

3. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

I feel that out of respect for the artist's personal vision permission should be asked before making changes to their lyrics as it could change the meaning which they intended.

Joseph, if i light my candle from your candle, your light is not diminished.

4. 76classic

76classic Senior member

After hearing Etta James' "At Last" for the umpteenth time at a friend's wedding recently and speaking to a another friend (a chick) who wants Lone Star's "Amazed" <shudder>...

For the married and the married to-be folks here, what was your first dance song?
    Was it your choice or your (overbearing) spouse's?
    Do/Did you choose the song based on lyrical content, a mutual/personal meaning, or optimally both?

Stevie Wonder's Moon Blue. My wife chose it, nice slow jazzy tune. Chose it for lyrical content and we did the ballroom to it.

5. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Please don't play Every Breath You Take by The Police.

6. foster09

foster09 New Member

Hi Guys,

This was not my first dance song but I just thought in my mind it would be so cute to use...

"When I take Your Hand" is one of the finest wedding songs. Another alternative is "You're All My Reasons". This song also fits as the first dance at weddings. These two songs are from artist shaun barrowes.

7. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

I give a big thumbs up.[​IMG]

My wife and I were married in Las Vegas at her parents home. She thought it would be great to have Elvis come. So my wife and I didn't really have a song picked out, so we just use the first one Elvis sang that night:

I Can't Help Falling in Love with You

By: Elvis Presley

Wise men say only fools rush in
    But I can't help falling in love with you
    Shall I stay
    Would it be a sin
    If I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows surely to the sea
    Darling so it goes
    Some things are meant to be
    Take my hand, take my whole life too
    For I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows surely to the sea
    Darling so it goes
    Some things are meant to be
    Take my hand, take my whole life too

8. brlfvr

brlfvr Senior member

That's All by Mel Torme is nice. I prefer Sinatra singing it but his version is a bit to slow to dance to.

9. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I'm getting married in late August, and we haven't given it a thought. My fiancÃ[​IMG]e is a dancer/choreographer, so I expect her to take care of it. Probably a traditional waltz.

There will, however, be a mambo performance in drag, performed by my wife-to-be's best (male) friend - another dancer. Épater la bourgeoisie.

If I ever get married and am forced to do a traditional ceremony, that is what I would want to do. I can't stand all the cheesy music most people play at weddings. And there would be be a strictly enforced dress code.

If I have my way though, it will be a beach wedding in a South American country suitably far away so as to discourage attendance by my extended family.

10. buck.9299

buck.9299 Member

Great Elvis Song, would work for my first dance song. Just something slow that you can dance to rather easily. [​IMG]

11. Pennglock

Pennglock Senior member

I plan on using Marley's &quot;Is this Love.&quot;

12. zarathustra

zarathustra Senior member

Hmmm what about Love is Hell?