• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wedding Tuxedo Help

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And with the dads, who are in strollers/black lounge/stressemen, or whatever you'd like to call it:
Nice man. This has to be a custom tux. Looks good!

blackbowtie

Reaction score

I was in a black tie wedding and our tuxes were done by Cesar Renuan (friend of the groom). Price was well under the $700 and the fit and styling were perfect!
I don't want to beat a dead horse but if people insist on a long tie, then why bother with a black tie rig at all? Why the aversion to the bow tie?

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is $1,300 high for a tuxedo? I only plan on wearing the tux 3-4 times next year.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is $1,300 high for a tuxedo? I only plan on wearing the tux 3-4 times next year.

It depends on what you normally spend on a suit, IMO. If $1,300 is something you are happy to spend on a suit, I think that's about the right range for a tuxedo. My view is that even though you probably will wear the tuxedo less often, you are more likely to do so at events where you want to look your best and it is thus not wise to skimp. If you plan to wear a waistcoat rather than a cummerbund, you may end up spending a little more.

ImTheGroom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If that is affordable, it comes down to a question of quality. Remember that wearing it only a few times per year means more years of wear. Get classic styling, and you will look good, and timeless, for as many years as you want ( or fit in it). Is this OTR or MTM? If MTM, maybe ask for a little more grace to be left in the seams, in case you get bigger around over the years.

ImTheGroom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've read a fairly crumby review of their work, on black tie blog, but a pretty decent review of the black lapel. Not my personal experience, but I did consider tailor4less for my wedding attire, but decided their prices were so low, I was skeptical of the quality. If course, that means I have no experience with them, personally. I ended up getting my tux, and morning coat, vintage from a combination of online, and bricks and mortar, retailers.

Tailor4less

Reaction score
I've read a fairly crumby review of their work, on black tie blog, but a pretty decent review of the black lapel. Not my personal experience, but I did consider tailor4less for my wedding attire, but decided their prices were so low, I was skeptical of the quality. If course, that means I have no experience with them, personally. I ended up getting my tux, and morning coat, vintage from a combination of online, and bricks and mortar, retailers.
It will be for another occasion.
I know I am not too impartial, but look how it looks a dinner jacket:

Bye!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads