• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wedding Tuxedo Advice

KingDavidF

Reaction score
Hello SF Crew,

Long time lurker, but i need the help of you fine gentle men on here. I am getting married in june and in the process of buying my tuxedo. My budget right now is $1300+/- 200. I went to suit supply the other day to talk to someone from their custom made to measure program and the tuxedo we priced out came to $1200, which is within my budget but i've been thinking about whether it makes more sense to actually find something like a hugo boss tuxedo and have it taliored(for around the same cost). My other option is this from our friends at jcrew(link) and then to spend an extra 200 - 300 to get it tailored.

I live in Boston, but i have played around with making a day trip to NY to visit Kent Wang(i have tried reaching out to them via email etc but they never got back to me) to get something made, but i am not sue if that is worth the trip i have to make. Basically i am asking for you folks advice. Has anyone here ever used the suitsupply custom made to measure program? how was the outcome? is it worth the cost? Also if anyone has other options i should look into and consider i am all ears.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This will be of little help perhaps, but I'll share my experience from 4 years ago for my wedding. Ours was black tie.

I did a bespoke midnight blue tux for myself and i did MTM ones for my groomsmen. My bespoke was above your quoted range, but the MTM options from Indochino were about half of it.

I think a lot of this comes down to your body shape. I had four groomsman, one male model body type, two pretty average, one larger. The first guy looked great in his MTM, the next two pretty good, the last less so.

I'd recommend making choice for yourself based on A) your body type. The taller and thinner you are the more leeway you get from less expensive options. B) How often will you wear that tux? I love my bespoke tux....but I've worn it exactly 6 times since my wedding. You're mileage may vary.

If you have a large drop, a body shape that is hard to find shirts/tops for, and/or will wear a tux often, I would splurge more.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads