1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wedding suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by royal618, May 24, 2006.

1. royal618

royal618 Senior member

I'm getting married next year and looking at what outfit I can get.

The theme color is sage and my bride will be in white, well just off-white.

I've got a best man but no more in the party, so it'll be easy to have suits made effectively the same, and I'm certainly not wanting to hire anything.

It's a winter wedding in Sydney, Australia and will be a lunch time affair.

I've never been a fan of flat colors. so I'm thinking a dark grey or charcoal suit, but not sure about any patterning. Chalkstripes will be OTT IMHO, so perhaps a nice pin in white, or if I can find it, sage. Otherwise, a self-stripe I think. As much as I love windowpanes and the like, I don't think they're appropriate.

The rest of the outfit will be a white shirt and tie in sage as the dominant color. Perhaps something like this but in the right color (Incidently I'm wearing this today.) [​IMG]

Thoughts?

2. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

I like that tie! I have a weakness for florals and that is a nice one. Pinstripes seem to be usually connected to work (especially banking?) so maybe they would need to be very subtle.

3. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

I'd suggest something like a charcoal morning suit with either the striped pants or matching colour. Before anyone lynches me, I've seen it done very tastefully with a contrasting colour vest, normal tie, and regular collar white shirt with double cuffs. EDIT: Example picture of my friend. [​IMG]

4. royal618

royal618 Senior member

That's the problem with pinstripes, and whilst I work in the finance industry (albeit marketing), I've got 4 suits of varying stripe in my wardrobe - yes, it does look to much like a work suit, so perhaps it's something I should avoid. A self stripe may work though.

Love the mourning suit, but it's a tad too formal for what I want. Interestingly though, the colorings in that shot are close to what I'm thinking.

I guess I'll need to have a look at the swatch books and see what I can find.

5. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

Yeah, it's strange that you said sage tie when I wasn't even thinking of that when I posted this picture. Leo is a pretty well dressed guy for special occasions, so I just found his example of wearing a morning suit pretty good. Originally this picture had his two cousins off to the side, but I don't know how they'd take to being broadcasted on a forum with some crusty old gits talking about style. :p

6. Etienne

Etienne Senior member

EDIT: Example picture of my friend.[/IMG]
    Monkstraps with a morning suit? [​IMG]

7. Margaret

Margaret Senior member

Perhaps something like this but in the right color (Incidently I'm wearing this today.) [​IMG]

Thoughts?

For my taste, that tie is a tad dainty for day-to-day/business wear, but it could be fantastic for a semi-formal wedding.

8. summej2

summej2 Senior member

Monkstraps with a morning suit? [​IMG]

Why not? Certainly, he "ought" to be wearing bals, but to my eye a monk can be both more or less formal than a derby. In this context, I think it works.

Would it work for black-tie? No. But with a dressy DB or peak-lapel SB pinstripe, I'd say yes. Particularly if there is no brouging.

9. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

LOVE the tie. Where did you get it? Perfect for a semi-formal wedding. If I can find one, I may wear it to my own.

bob