• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wedding party outfit suggestion!

Kevin Parker

Reaction score
Hello guys,
I am looking for some outfit ideas for the wedding party of my cousin brother. The party is scheduled to happen in the end of Feb. The problem is.. I personally don't like dressing very formal and so I never bought any suit or blazer. What I am planning to wear for the party are:

This shoes from Tommy Hilfiger: https://imgur.com/a/Z5zhp
This Shirt from Calvin Klein: https://imgur.com/a/7EEV9
And, This Trousers from Antony Morato: https://www.gocciastore.com/en/men-s-super-skinny-trousers-mmtr00254-fa760019

I would also like to tell you guys that I really don't want to attend the party as my cousins and I are like strangers to each other.And, I don't have much money to spend and so I don't want to spend my money on something which I won't wear ever again in my life.

So.. should I stick to the outfit I selected or buy a blazer for the party?

maxalex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by “wedding party?” Have you been asked to be a groomsman? Or is this like a bachelor party? A reception after the wedding? Are you even going to the wedding? Who is the groom, your cousin or his brother—and wouldn’t his brother be your cousin as well?

Whatever the hell this is, it’s clearly an event you don’t want to attend, with people you don’t want to be around, in clothes you don’t want to wear. Just say no.

Kevin Parker

Reaction score
What do you mean by “wedding party?” Have you been asked to be a groomsman? Or is this like a bachelor party? A reception after the wedding? Are you even going to the wedding? Who is the groom, your cousin or his brother—and wouldn’t his brother be your cousin as well?

Whatever the hell this is, it’s clearly an event you don’t want to attend, with people you don’t want to be around, in clothes you don’t want to wear. Just say no.
I don't know what he doing. They didn't mentioned what kind of wedding ceremony they gonna opt for since they both aren't Christian. You are right that I should say no. :p Thanks for your reply.

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the term 'party' in your OP is confusing. To many people "wedding party" is the groomsmen and bridesmaids. But it sounds like you are using the term 'party' in reference to the wedding reception. If you are being asked to be a groomsman, that is very different the just being invited to the wedding reception. So, are you just an invited guest to the reception or are you being asked to be a groomsman?

Laina

Reaction score
It depends on the type of the party. Is it gonna be a dance party or what? It'd be good to know cause if you're gonna dance some outfits can feel enchaining... For example, my friends invited dancers halesowen at their wedding party and I regret that I chose an outfit...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads