• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wedding outfit (my wedding)

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Doesn't have to be. I've seen it done well any number of ways. Black/grey/silver/white is the classic colorway. But not the only.

I think too that it matters if you are a guest or a in the wedding party. Personally, I always wear a wedding tie to weddings, but I think people in the wedding party really should, whereas for guests, it's optional.

Assume you are in the wedding party. A silver ground beneath the grey vest then?

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by steppingup
3. The suit which I thought looked great when I tried it on in the shop and was told was a lovely fit very clearly doesn't and isn't! This is a big disappointment. The colour (it's a little darker than this) and fabric are great, but what's going on with the pull beneath the buttons? Is this fixable, perhaps, and--anyone in London--by whom and how much, roughly?

Don't know what's going on with the pull. Take it to an alterations tailor and see what they can do. Perhaps letting out the waist a tiny bit will help.

For goodness sake man, put a dimple in the tie! It will help tremendously. Also, wear a white linen pocketsquare.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Assume you are in the wedding party. A silver ground beneath the grey vest then?

That's what I do. I have a blue and silver Macc that I wear to other fancy things like baptisms and garden parties at Buckinham Palace.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's what I do. I have a blue and silver Macc that I wear to other fancy things like baptisms and garden parties at Buckinham Palace.

As one does.

Got a picture of it, or something similar?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Got a picture of it, or something similar?

The one on the far left:

dscn2660zp7.jpg

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The one on the far left:

dscn2660zp7.jpg

My left or your left?

steppingup

Reaction score
I'm English ... we don't really do dimples. I've been looking out for them studiously, having read how popular they are 'here' (i.e., largely American contributors?).

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by steppingup
I'm English ... we don't really do dimples. I've been looking out for them studiously, having read how popular they are 'here' (i.e., largely American contributors?).

Really? I'd swear I've seen plenty of photos of English guys with dimpled ties...maybe I'm misremembering.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My left or your left?

Stop showing off your incredible analytical skills, you elitist turd.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Really? I'd swear I've seen plenty of photos of English guys with dimpled ties...maybe I'm misremembering.

A quick google indicates that every picture I can find of Prince Charles he has a dimple in his tie. But I guess that's just one guy, right?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Stop showing off your incredible analytical skills, you elitist turd.

You know, earlier I was thinking to myself how nice it was that we had a substantive, non-ironic thread on men's clothing going on here. Thanks for bursting my bubble.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads